I'm not really sure what to do?!

Options

Hello everyone.

Firstly, the family sharing feature is brilliant! I am the password keeper in my family and everyone (well, the children) seem to rely on me to remember all their passwords. I have more Minecraft, Roblox and Steam logins than I could shake a stick at! :)

So I decided to create a vault for each child in family sharing. They each have their own logins in their own vaults.

I have a couple of questions which I hope don't sound too silly! here goes:

1. Now that I have the family sharing vaults, should I be moving all MY logins to the 'personal' vault in family sharing or leave them in the Primary vault? (I won't be sharing any of my stuff) - If I move all my logins to the family sharing vault (personal) then what is the purpose of the primary vault once I've 'emptied' it? or, to look at it from a different perspective, what is the use of the 'Personal vault' in family sharing if I should be keeping all my logins in the primary vault? can you see what I'm finding confusing?

2. How does 1P for Windows work with family sharing? some of the logins and other information which i have moved to a new vault in family sharing are NO LONGER visible in 1P for windows, so how would I access for arguments sake my child's Roblox login via windows? if it's in a different vault? how would I 'show' 1P for windows where that vault is?

I hope my questions make sense, and look forward to hearing myself saying "ahhh....that's what it's for" and "Oh, that's how you do it"! :)

1Password Version: 4.6 plus latest iOS
Extension Version: 4.5.3
OS Version: windows 10
Sync Type: dropbox

Comments

• EAPTCB
    EAPTCB
    Community Member
    Options

I have just remembered another issue I have. How do I change the colour of the vault 'ring'? I've seen screen shots online showing different colour circles surrounding the 1p vault logo for each vault and couldn't find a way to change them.

• Hi @EAPTCB,

Thank you for your questions!

1. I moved all my items into the Personal vault in my family account. I find it more convenient when setting up new devices and I don't have to worry about the backups. I got rid of the old primary vault completely. It can be done by installing 1Password from scratch. An alternative is to hide the Primary vault from the All Vaults view using 1Password > Preferences > All Vaults.

2. There are two versions of 1Password for Windows. One is available now in the Microsoft Store. It works with Windows 10 only and because of the Microsoft Store sandboxing it does not support browser extensions. The full desktop version is still in development and we should have it available later this year.

This discussion has been closed.