Vault icons

Options
iamecho
iamecho
Community Member

Hi - I'm really enjoying the new 1P for Families and excited for all the bells & whistles to be installed :)

In the big scheme of things this is very, very low priority but I wanted to put it out there anyway. I was able to create a new vault in Families called Archive and give that vault an icon. The icon image (of my dog) synced immediately to my iOS and my Mac versions of 1P. It seems I can only add a vault icon to newly created vaults, or in other words, I cannot add a photo of me, say, to my Personal Vault that was created when I moved to Families. I also cannot add an image to the Shared vault that also was created when I moved over. Is this a known issue or one that's just giving me the runaround?

1Password Version: 6.0.2
Extension Version: 4.5.3.90
OS Version: 10.11.3
Sync Type: AWS

Comments

• jhollington
    jhollington
    Community Member
    Options

I'm not sure if you're doing something different, but changing vault icons seems to work fine for me. I log in on the web admin console under my "Owner" account, select "Vaults" from the menu at the top, and then when I select any of the individual vaults I can hover over the icon and see an "Edit" button. Clicking that gives me the ability to select a new photo.

• iamecho
    iamecho
    Community Member
    Options

@jhollington Hi - thanks for your response. I wasn't being clear, I'm sorry. Yes, on the web admin console I see the vault icons I have changed. However, the personal & shared vault icons don't come over to mac & iOS, ONLY the new vaults that I have created on the web console show the vault image on mac & iOS. Does that make more sense?

• jhollington
    jhollington
    Community Member
    Options

Ah, yes, I see what you mean, and you're right. In my case, I'm not seeing the custom icons appearing for any of my vaults, even the new ones I've created — I only see the generic 1Password icon across the board, so I guess it hadn't even occurred to me that it should be any other way in the Mac and iOS apps.

• iamecho
    iamecho
    Community Member
    Options

My web console shows all 4 vaults in Families with an icon, but my iOS & mac only show the 2 vaults I created.

• Thank you for the screenshots and detailed information, @iamecho.

We would like to make Vaults more customizable and will likely be allowing you to edit the icon of existing vaults. I say likely as our designers have been kicking around a lot of great ideas and I'm not sure where we are going to end up.

Time will tell :)

Thanks again for your feedback. Keep it coming!

• jhollington
    jhollington
    Community Member
    Options

Well, I think in the very least it's an inconsistency.... I can see the source of @iamecho's confusion in that if you can change the icons in the Admin Console, one would expect that this change would propagate across the board, and it's even more confusing when it works for some vaults but not others.

• @jhollington Yep, and hopefully we can improve this in the future. Thanks for the feedback. :+1:

This discussion has been closed.