Team/Family Vault icons not updating

ntimo
ntimo
Community Member

Hello,

I changed the icons for all of my (team, family) vaults but the android app isn't updating them so I still have the old once in there? Is this just a bug?

1Password Version: 6.1-beta 3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• @ntimo I also encountered this one earlier this week after I had updated the avatars for a couple of my vaults. We've identified the issue and will be fixing it in an upcoming beta release. Thanks for the feedback!

• ntimo
    ntimo
    Community Member

@mverde Iam looking forward to this. I miss the updated icons :dizzy:

• I wipe my data fairly frequently during testing, so I don't wind up missing my updated icons for long. That being said, I'll still be very happy to have the issue fixed :)

• ntimo
    ntimo
    Community Member
    edited February 2016

@mverde Isn't that a pain for you to wipe your data so often? And have to go to the Initial setup every time? I will be happy too :+1:

• In the initial stages of building Teams support into 1Password for Android, we didn't yet have the QR scanner integrated. Wiping my data was much more of a pain back then ;)

• I don't find starting over to be much of an issue at all anymore now that we have 1Password Families and 1Password for Teams. I used to reset a lot on iOS when installing new iOS betas and new devices, and it was a pain to add all my shared vaults back. In fact, most often I simply wouldn't add them as it was too much trouble. Also, Dropbox would always throttle me after it synced the first 800 items or so, forcing me to wait almost 10 minutes before my 2000+ items would appear.

With teams, I can completely reinstall and have all my items appear in about a minute. I simply take a picture of the QRCode on my Get the Apps page, enter my Master Password, and viola! I'm done. All my family vaults are there. I do this once more for my AgileBits team and I have all my 20+ vaults setup and I'm ready to roll.

It will get even better once @mverde and team finish adding team setup to the initial welcome screens. I've been pushing hard for this addition since I switched back in January, so surely he's almost done now. Right @mverde? :)

• ntimo
    ntimo
    Community Member
    edited February 2016

@dteare @mverde Did you mean that maybe in the next Beta I don't need to create a local vault to add a teams/familys account? That would be so awesome! :)

• Fingers crossed! :)

I personally doubt it will be the next beta, or the one after that for that matter as we have many other things on the list as well. But it wouldn't be the first time @mverde and team surprised me :)

• ntimo
    ntimo
    Community Member

@mverde @dtreare That would be so so amazing! But we will have to wait and see what mverde says :chuffed:

• ntimo
    ntimo
    Community Member

@dteare as I know that you know what's on that list. May I ask what's on the list?

• I never share the list as people often take that to be a confirmation of a feature and then hold my feet to the fire when things change. We're constantly adjusting our course as we learn more. Live and learn I like to always say :)

With that said, I think you already know a lot of those things that are on my list. We've talked about a lot of them already ;)

• ntimo
    ntimo
    Community Member

@dteare I know, but as you know I like to ask ;) And as I already told you someone has to do the job ;)

• Hahah. Good point :)

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    edited February 2016

@dteare

Quote from above:

I don't find starting over to be much of an issue at all anymore now that we have 1Password Families and 1Password for Teams. I used to reset a lot on iOS when installing new iOS betas and new devices, and it was a pain to add all my shared vaults back. In fact, most often I simply wouldn't add them as it was too much trouble. Also, Dropbox would always throttle me after it synced the first 800 items or so, forcing me to wait almost 10 minutes before my 2000+ items would appear.

With teams, I can completely reinstall and have all my items appear in about a minute. I simply take a picture of the QRCode on my Get the Apps page, enter my Master Password, and viola! I'm done. All my family vaults are there. I do this once more for my AgileBits team and I have all my 20+ vaults setup and I'm ready to roll.

Its so true, I use to wipe things on a regular basis and it was a pain for shared vaults. Now its easy peasy.

Hey new tag line for families: Its easy peasy !

• I like that! :)

I hope you're doing well Tommy. I haven't seen you for a while :) :waves:

This discussion has been closed.