Is there a roadmap about known issues/missing features?

Options
dahanbn
dahanbn
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Let's get somehow productive.

Can you provide somehow a kind of roadmap? That should / could show already mentioned topics and your intentions to work on them.

It could also help to show some rough priorities to the identified topics, e.g. currently working on, later, nice to have, and so on.

With that every beta user could see it and he wouldn't need to tell you more than once that x is broken or y is missing.

Comments

• @dahanbn while I can not share internal plans or make any promises on delivery dates and features, I can tell that we are resolving an issue with internal database that is responsible for various other issues and crashes. Database is something that was introduced recently and it brought our quality one step down, but we clearly see what have to be done to make few steps back up.

We do know that most desired feature is browser integration, it is important to people with Windows 7, 8 and 10. It's a bit complicated with more secure and restrictive Windows 10, but we have few ideas that we are experimenting on and Windows desktop mode (for Windows 7-8 users) is being taken care of too.

It may appear strange, but we really value everyone's feedback even when it's about the same topic. We have to choose what features and areas to push first, what can wait a little longer. And that is why we opened app to public before it is ready - by giving your feedback you actually drive development! The more people miss something, the more effort we put into that area. We realize how much confusion and grief it may do sometimes, after all it's only a tip of the iceberg that is visible from outside. In the end people are going to get app that is better suited for them and faster than it would be otherwise.

A good example of this is copy feature in Windows 10 app - it can copy as many items as you select, no need to do it one by one. It's not yet perfected, there are always ways to improve, but it is here and it helps people to move their items today. It was people feedback that changed priority and made copy available.

I hope that answers some of your questions, please keep feedback coming, it will turn around and come back to you as better app.

This discussion has been closed.