When I buy the 1Password Mac + Windows Bundle , I need a Android premium Licence, too?

Seltrecht
Seltrecht
Community Member

Hello

When I buy the 1Password Mac + Windows Bundle , I need a Android premium Licence, too? Or I have the licence for Android in this Bundle?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: ug:mac/sync-dropbox, ug:android/settings-sync, ug:android/, kb-search:When I buy the 1Password Mac + Windows Bundle , I need a Android premium Licence, too?, kb:license-requirements

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    edited February 2016

@Seltrecht - Licenses for 1Password are all sold on a per user and per platform basis. Your Mac lincense is separate from your Windows license (although you have purchased the two in a single transaction for a discount). Android is another platform, so, Yes, you will need a separate license for Android if you want to use that. And, another one for iOS, should you ever need once of those. This is all covered in detail in this article: What licenses do I need to use 1Password on all my devices?

AgileBits released a new product this past week, 1Password for Families. It's sold on a monthly subscription basis, and that includes access to the applications for all supported platforms without an additional charge above the monthly subscription. Perhaps that would be of interest.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Seltrecht: Personally, I prefer 1Password for Families because it removes the need to worry about licensing, and makes it easy to manage and share 1Password data across all of my family's devices.

Regardless, you'll have a 30 day trial of the Premium Features in 1Password for Android, so the best thing to do would be to use it and see if it's something you'd like to buy as well — or if you really only need read-only access on your Android device if you prefer more traditional licensing.

Take your time getting comfortable with 1Password, and be sure to let us know any questions you have. We're always here to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.