I'm a member of 2 teams. I accidentally moved 2 items to the Everyone vault of the wrong team, and discovered that I couldn't move them back. This was very aggravating, because I had to manually copy down all the information, delete the items, empty the trash, and then create brand new items in the right team with the same info. Given this experience, there are several issues:
- When I try and move an item to a team vault, if I don't have permission to move it back, 1Password needs to prompt me first. Otherwise accidentally moving an item to the wrong vault could be disastrous if I don't have sufficient permissions to delete it (e.g. I really don't want to accidentally expose my personal passwords to everyone in my company).
- I don't understand why I couldn't move it back. I'm guessing this has to do with the "Export" permission, though I don't see any way to actually view my permissions for a given team vault. This is weird, though, since I have sufficient permission to view passwords for items in that vault, to move items to the trash, and even to empty the trash. If I can view all info in an item, and if I have permission to move that item to the trash and to empty the trash, it seems strange that I don't have permission to move an item from that vault back into my local vault. I get that an "Export" permission is a good idea to prevent mass exporting of many items at once, but when I'm dealing with a single item, if I can accomplish the same thing via the other permissions, it just feels annoyingly restrictive to prevent me from Moving the item.
- The Move/Share menu in 1Password should show the team icon, not just the name. I screwed up because I wasn't paying a lot of attention and selected the item called "Everyone", but accidentally selected the wrong one. If the team icons were visible next to the team name, I would have been more likely to realize I was looking at the wrong section of the menu.
- There should be some way to change vault colors. 1Password supports setting vault colors when creating a brand new local vault (though I can't find any way to change the color of an existing vault), but there doesn't seem to be any support for setting vault colors on Team vaults. If the team vaults were colored, I might be more likely to notice that I'm looking at the wrong vault.
- Similarly, since all teams have a Shared vault, it might make sense to stick the team icon into the Shared vault icon, to make it less likely that I'll select the wrong one. The website does this (and lets me set icons for any vault in the admin console), but it looks like neither the iOS nor the OS X clients show these images. It's not so important to have them for regular vaults (since vaults may have unique names), but since every team has the Shared vault it would be very useful to distinguish them.
1Password Version: 6.0.1 (601003)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.11.3
Sync Type: Not Provided