Evernote & Dropbox using 2FA

Options
iamecho
iamecho
Community Member

Nice job with Evernote and 1P extensions!! I've just set it up and love the way 1P not only fills it username & password, but also goes one step further and fills in the OTP as well. Talk about making life easy! So that brings me to my question - I have Dropbox set up exactly the same way but it does NOT fill in OTP code. After launching Dropbox on my iOS device I select the 1P icon to access my credentials, then hit "go" to submit the details in order to log me into Dropbox. Then I am presented with the Security Code window so I have to close Dropbox, open 1P, copy the OTP, close 1P and go back into Dropbox to enter the copied code. With Evernote selecting the 1P icon fills in the details, submits it, fills in the OTP and submits that - one stop shopping! Is this a difference between the 2 apps or have I made an error setting up 2FA on Dropbox? Thanks in advance for helping me with this.

1Password Version: 6.2.2
Extension Version: current
OS Version: current
Sync Type: Families

Comments

• Rad
    Rad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @iamecho

Thanks for taking the time to write in :+1:

Filling TOTPs when using the 1Password extension in third party apps like Evernote and Dropbox, is a feature available in our App Extension API. Third party developers must implement it on their end. There's nothing we can do on our end to "enable" it for them. In this case, it's up to Dropbox to add this feature.

The implementation is quite easy. If you are curious about the code details, please take a look at how we do it in ACME, our sample app.

We strongly, recommend that you let Dropbox know about your feature request.

Hope that this helps :wink:

Cheers!

• iamecho
    iamecho
    Community Member
    Options

@Rad Thanks for explaining!

• Rad
    Rad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Wow! That was a quick response, @iamecho :smile:

I am glad I could help. If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Best,

This discussion has been closed.