Unable to register trial version, met with a generic error. [Should be working now]

cmhartle
cmhartle
Community Member
edited February 2016 in 1Password 4 for Windows

help > enter license key > paste key

I am met with an error message as pictured.

Have rebooted, made sure I'm running the latest version, etc. I saved the log file, but I am unable to attach it to this post.

Thanks.

1Password Version: 4.6.0.604
Extension Version: 4.5.3.90
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Wi-Fi

1.png 8.6K

Comments

• Wadski
    Wadski
    Community Member

I'm having exactly the same difficulty. Is this a problem with Agilebit's server?

• xanamander
    xanamander
    Community Member

Same problem for me, after a fresh Windows 10 reset; I think it must be a problem on their end.

• cmhartle
    cmhartle
    Community Member

Glad to hear I'm not alone. If it's an issue on their end I have no issues waiting until it's resolved, just bought the license earlier today. Presented itself as a local issue though and thought I might have a botched install or something of the sort.

• xanamander
    xanamander
    Community Member

Yeah, I doubt it's a local problem (unless it's a bad build?). Given it's an exception in some sort of TLS class, seems like it might be related to a bad/expired certificate, but I could be wrong.

Exception:

2.1 Date : Tue, 23 Feb 2016 20:01:08 -0500
    2.2 Address : 005DF499
    2.3 Module Name : 1Password.exe - (1Password)
    2.4 Module Version: 4.6.0.604
    2.5 Type : EIncomingTLSAlert
    2.6 Message : internal_error:
    An internal error unrelated to the peer or the correctness of the
    protocol makes it impossible to continue (such as a memory
    allocation failure). This message is always fatal.
    2.7 ID : B00B
    2.8 Count : 1
    2.9 Status : New
    2.10 Note :

• hudl2user
    hudl2user
    Community Member

Just reinstalled Win7 x64 onto my machine. When trying to activate 1Password (4.6.0.604) trial the dialog states that the program is contacting the activation server then it stops responding. Have to use task manager to kill the process. Ensured that the network setting is "no proxy". Tried shutting down AV and tweaking firewall rules. Before I start pulling the machine apart again, and in light of the above postings, can anyone confirm if the activation server is actually working?

• Thanks everyone - we are investigating this as I am able to reproduce. We will let you know as soon as we have a fix.

• This should now be working now. You might need to restart your PC first. Can everyone let us know if it now works for you. Thanks!

• Wadski
    Wadski
    Community Member

I'm able to register now. Thanks for the quick fix.

• Great, thanks for letting us know @Wadski.

• cmhartle
    cmhartle
    Community Member

All good on my end. No restart necessary. Thank you, Laura,

• Thanks @cmhartle - I'm so glad it is now working for you.

• KWong
    KWong
    Community Member

I'm having this similar issue, but i'm still unable to register.

• KWong
    KWong
    Community Member

Hello,

Could I get some help, I seem to be getting the same error message as the poster, i've submitted a ticket but it seems like the error has came back or something, because i'm still unable to register.

• Hi @KWong,

I've found your email and replied to it.

ref: QPE-52252-856

This discussion has been closed.