1Password 4 for Windows won't accept my license key after upgrade fom version 1

Options

I followed the instructions in the article "How do I upgrade 1Password for Windows from version 1?" at https://support.1password.com/upgrade-windows/ and installed the new version. When I started it came up in demo mode (says demo expired in 2014) and when I went to apply my existing license key, it would not accept it (generic "1Password has encountered a problem" error). According to the article, if I bought my license in 2013 or later, I qualify for a free upgrade. I purchased my license in 2014. Do I need a new license key?

1Password Version: 4.6.0.604
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 7
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb:add-license, kb-search:error when entering license key on upgrade, kb:upgrade-license, kb-search:version 4 for windows, kb:upgrade-windows

Comments

• Hi @kmccracken1951 - I'm so sorry you are not able to register your license. We are having a problem with our activation server and we will let you know as soon as we have a fix. Thanks for your patience.

• Hi @kmccracken1951 - This should now be working now. You might need to restart your PC first. Can you let us know if it now works for you. Thanks!

• kmccracken1951
    kmccracken1951
    Community Member
    Options

It works now -- didn't even have to restart the PC. Thanks!

• Thank you for letting us know it is now working.

This discussion has been closed.