Can I sync between an android and OSX

stepbill
stepbill
Community Member

I need to buy a password program and own a Samsung Galaxy 5 along with a MacBook Pro running El Capitan. Would I be able to sync between both of these? Would I have to purchase a program for both the phone and laptop? Thanks for your help with this.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @stepbill. Thanks for getting in touch with us and for your support of 1Password. :)

You can indeed sync between Mac and Android. Please note that OPVault is not yet supported on Android for Dropbox and local storage syncing, so if you're going to sync using one of those methods, please take a look at this post on how to do so.

1Password is licensed per person and per platform, rather than per device. You can read more about our approach to software licensing in our knowledgebase.

Essentially, 1Password is free to download onto Android through Google Play, and it has full capabilities for the duration of its 30 day trial. After the trial, though, it becomes limited to a reader app unless the Premium features are unlocked. This means that you'd still be able to sync, view, and fill your data, but you won't be able to add new items or edit existing ones on Android without purchasing the Premium features.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have more questions. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.