Can I/should I move some sensitive passwords to Secure Notes? How to copy/move 1 category to another

gayemacy
gayemacy
Community Member
  1. I have my Admin password, and my husband's Apple password, in Passwords. Would they be more secure in Secure Notes?
  2. How do I convert or move or copy something from 1 category to another (i.e., from passwords to secure notes, or from secure notes to insurance?

1Password Version: 6.0.2
Extension Version: 4.5.2
OS Version: OS X El Capitan 10.11.3
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:Can I/should I move some sensitive passwords from Passwords to secure notes?

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@gayemacy: Secure Notes are definitely more secure than a text file or Word document...but they are equally secure as any other data in your 1Password vault, so there's no reason to move things around in 1Password unless you want to reorganize: everything in your vault is encrypted.

It isn't possible to 'convert' one item type to another, but you can always copy and paste data you want to move around...though it sounds like you may not actually want to move anything, so long as it's secure. I hope this helps clear that up! :)

• gayemacy
    gayemacy
    Community Member

Hi Brenty!
    As usual, completely on point and helpful! So costume-wise, you're still back in Halloween. May I suggest for next month the March Hare?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

ROFL

This is actually my "pillaging casual" attire, but I'll definitely take your "March Hare" suggestion under advisement. It could be an interesting new look for me! ;)

Anyway, I'm glad that I was able to help. It's always a pleasure, and I look forward to continuing to see you around! :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.