Master Password Sync

nosnhojm
nosnhojm
Community Member

Is the master password supposed to sync between the admin console, native client, and mobile client? I found out this morning that my iOS client didn't recognize my new master password, and required me to enter the old one. The OSX client and the web client both use the newer master password.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @nosnhojm ,

Thanks for taking the time to let us know. After you entered your old one, did it then show you a dialogue box with your Families account credentials and ask you for the new one?

Thanks,
    Kevin

• nosnhojm
    nosnhojm
    Community Member

No, it just blinked red with invalid password.

I'm guessing the is due to a conflict between the primary (local) vault and the family vault? My primary vault is empty; can it be removed from iOS?

• nosnhojm
    nosnhojm
    Community Member

Also, this occurred after a reboot of my iPhone.

• Hi @nosnhojm,

Ah, I understand the problem now. So, the answer to your original question is "no," 1Password for iOS will not use the Master Password of your Families account to unlock. It will still use the Master Password of the Primary vault. In the future we will have a true "Teams/Families-only" mode where a Primary vault will not be required and the Master Password for the first Teams or Families account that you add will be the Master Password used to unlock the app (much like Mac operates currently).

Thanks.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.