How do I switch to dropbox synch without overwriting the database that's there?

Options

I had previously used dropbox to synch a windows PC and an iOS iPhone. Dropbox was removed and my windows was using a local copy of the vault. Same with the phone. I have continued to use dropbox on my phone and PC, but each has had different password updates and new logins created over a period of time. Too much for me to synch manually. I want to go back to using dropbox synch and one vault on both instead of separate, local copies. I switched the iPhone back to dropbox synch and I think that worked fine, but I am worried now if I change the windows 1password back to dropbox synch, it will simply repoint to the vault from my phone, which is stored in dropbox, as opposed to doing a "merge" or "synch" eliminating differences between the two. What's the best way to unite the two databases so I have the newest entry from each device and the dropbox synch keeping them up to date when I make future changes from either side?

1Password Version: 4.6.0.598
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: kb:switch-to-icloud, kb:switch-to-dropbox

Comments

• Hi @dyussen,

First, let's get the diagnostics report from both the iOS device and your PC, so we know what 1Password is configured with and give you the specific instructions on how to proceed.

Please use this guide to generate the 1Password diagnostic report and email it to us at support+windows@agilebits.com. Also, in the email, include the link to this thread along with your forum username, so that we can connect the email to this thread.

Let us know here when you've sent it, so we can confirm we got the email.

• dyussen
    dyussen
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you @MikeT - I have submitted these via email, per your guidance. Thank you for your assistance!

• Hi @dyussen,

You're welcome! We got the reports and will reply as soon as we can.

ref: CNN-17525-149

This discussion has been closed.