How to switch to a new PC for Wi-Fi Sync

Comments

• Dergolf1
    Dergolf1
    Community Member

Hi,
    I have a new pc with Windows 10 also the same as the older one but now I can't sync via wifi ! I want sync between my iPhone 6 Plus and my Pc . With the old pc it was no problem but now it doesn't work . There is an Domain fault and it run out of time . I hope anyone can help my and I hope my bad English is understandable.

Sincerely Dergolf1

• Hi @Dergolf1,

Please make sure your PCs and the iOS device is syncing to the same time server, you may be out of sync with the time and date settings. If both devices are not showing the same time, it will not sync and will show that out of time error.

In addition, you can't sync to multiple computers, you can only choose one PC to sync your mobile devices but you can de-pair from the old PC to let the iOS devices sync to the new PC by re-pairing it.

Here's how:

1. First, make sure both the new PC and the iOS device is syncing to the same time server and has exactly the same time and date
    2. Open 1Password on the iOS device, unlock, and go to Settings > Sync, tap on the primary vault, then tap on Sync Service ... Wi-Fi before tapping on Change Wi-Fi
    3. Open 1Password on the new PC, unlock, and go to the File Menu > Wi-Fi Sync, leave this dialog open
    4. On your iOS device, it should now show the new PC, tap on it and enter the secret code from the new PC.

After this, you should be able to sync now.

• Dergolf1
    Dergolf1
    Community Member
    edited February 2016

The Time is in all divices automatically. That's the fault code but I find nothing for it
    Thanks for your help

• Hi @Dergolf1,

Is that after you tried my instructions and making sure the time/date is in fact the same?

• Dergolf1
    Dergolf1
    Community Member

Yes

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Dergolf1: I'm sorry you're still having trouble. Wi-Fi Sync can be difficult because it depends entirely on your network setup. The timeout error indicates that the connection attempt is failing because something is blocking the traffic. Please follow the steps in this guide to make sure that things are setup properly so your devices can communicate — and finally sync:

Wi-Fi Sync troubleshooting

Pay especially close attention to the discovery settings in Windows, as that's a common issue. Please let me know what you find. I look forward to hearing back from you! :)

• Dergolf1
    Dergolf1
    Community Member

So I have make the troubleshooting but it's don't work. I have test to sync my iPhone with iTunes via wifi this is working . I hope you have another idea

• Hi @Dergolf1,

Please use this guide to generate the 1Password diagnostic report and email it to us at support+windows@agilebits.com. Also, in the email, include the link to this thread along with your forum username, so that we can connect the email to this thread.

Let us know here when you've sent it, so we can confirm we got the email.

• Dergolf1
    Dergolf1
    Community Member

Hi,
    now I understand nothing if i press Help > Diagnostics Report > Export to File. It happend nothing wat do i worng?

• Hi @Dergolf1,

That means there's something blocking 1Password from generating the report, that might further explain the other issue.

Can you send us an email at support+windows@agilebits.com with the link to this thread, so we can reply to you in private on what to do next.

Thanks!

• Dergolf1
    Dergolf1
    Community Member

I have send

• Thanks, we got the email and will reply as soon as possible.

ref: QBF-62534-482

This discussion has been closed.