I've been using 1Password on my mac, but I just got a PC for work. How do I set it up on the PC?

I've been using 1Password on my mac, but I just got a PC for work. How do I set it up on the PC? When I try, it tells me to identify my vault, but I don't think I have one yet on my PC?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb-search:vault, kb:move-vault

Comments

• Hi @lindsaymeisel,

Are you currently syncing your 1Password data on the Mac, like via iCloud, Dropbox, or Wi-Fi?

Does your work have a policy on what sync services you can work or more specifically, would they allow Dropbox?

• lindsaymeisel
    lindsaymeisel
    Community Member

I actually don't know whether/how I'm currently sycing my 1Password data on my Mac. How do I check?

I don't think my work cares what sync services I use. They'd be fine with dropbox I'm sure.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@lindsaymeisel: And on the off chance they do care (or you do), your 1Password data is encrypted regardless.

As far as 1Password for Mac, if you go to Preferences > Sync, it will show to the right of your vault which method (if any) you're using currently to sync your data. If you already have Dropbox installed on your Mac, you can simply choose Dropbox from the dropdown menu in the sync preferences to set it up. Please let me know what you find! :)

• lindsaymeisel
    lindsaymeisel
    Community Member

Just checked, it appears that I'm syncing via iCloud. So, what now?

• Hi @lindsaymeisel,

We'll need to switch you to Dropbox because iCloud sync in 1Password won't work on Windows.

For the Mac

Follow this guide on your Mac to switch it to Dropbox. Ignore the last part about the iOS device if you're not using 1Password on the iOS device.

For the PC

1. Install the Dropbox client on your PC from https://www.dropbox.com, sign in and wait for it to finish syncing everything
    2. Install 1Password for Windows from our website here: http://agilebits.com/downloads
    3. Open 1Password and it should automatically detect the vault in your Dropbox folder, ask 1Password to use it. Unlock with the same master password you use for 1Password on the Mac.

You should now be all set to go.

This discussion has been closed.