Beachballs After Unlocking Mini?

Barry_Isakson
Barry_Isakson
Community Member

I've just started having an issue where after unlocking 1Password Mini the initial menu appears as usual and then I immediately get a beachball lasting for about 20 seconds where I can't do anything with Mini. I can't search or access any of the menu items. No submenus have appears at this point. Then when rolling over the menus I get a second beachball for another 20 seconds before any of the submenus appear. Once the submenus appear everything is snappy. I've just recently added several PDF attachments to various items. Could this have anything to do with the slowdown? This slowdown has rendered the Mini useless. It's faster to unlock the main app which does not exhibit this behavior.

1Password Version: 6.0.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.11.3
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Barry_Isakson,

I'm sorry you keep getting the beachball in 1Password mini! That's rather unusual, and I don't think it would be related to the PDF attachments you've added. There's an issue our developers have been working on in which the beachball appears for mini, but it never actually works. In your case, it sounds like it works correctly after an delay or two, so I think this must be something different. I'm sure we'll figure this out one way or another!

The first thing I'd like you to try is to restart 1Password mini. From the main 1Password app, go to Help > Troubleshooting > Restart 1Password mini. After it restarts, 1Password will be locked, so you can try unlocking & using mini again to see if there's any difference.

If the same delay(s) happen after that, please try rebooting your Mac. After it restarts, try opening mini again. Does the reboot help at all?

Please let us know how it goes. If those suggestions don't help, we'll take a further look into this. Thanks! :)

• Barry_Isakson
    Barry_Isakson
    Community Member

Drew, restarting Mini did the trick. I guess I should follow the advice I give to the users of the software I sell to scan the menus first to see if there isn't a menu command that might do what you want. Doh! Thanks for the assistance.

• Vee_AG
    Vee_AG
    1Password Alumni

On behalf of Drew, you're very welcome, @Barry_Isakson! Glad he was able to point you in the right direction. :)

Hopefully 1Password behaves perfectly from now on, but we're here to help if you have any other question for us. Cheers!

This discussion has been closed.