Problems with Southwest Airlines - 1Browser opens blank page for mobile.southwest.com [confirmed]

Options
cmouse
cmouse
Community Member
edited March 2016 in iOS

I can't log in through the iPhone or iPad. The iPhone won't even bring up the website, it just gives me a blank page. I tried all of the fixes, but nothing worked. I tried reporting it through the Synapse (?) and I can't seem to find it on either the iPhone or iPad. I just downloaded the free app to check it out. Southwest was the first item I entered. No joy. I went ahead and tried another site, and that worked as designed. Am I totally missing something? I hate to give up on the app so soon.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @cmouse,

That sounds like an annoying problem! I hope I can help you stick with 1Password. Are you able to access the page from Safari, or another browser? Can you give us more details on what happens?

• cmouse
    cmouse
    Community Member
    Options

It acts differently on the iPhone and the iPad. This is strictly iPhone only.

When I set up the Southwest entry (even after doing it manually), and I click on the URL link through 1Password, it tries to connect but I only get a blank page. I also tried changing the browser and clearing the web data and closing the browser tabs. Nothing happens. The category I'm using is Logins. Thank you so much.

• Rad
    Rad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @cmouse,

I am sorry that you are experiencing this issue in 1Browser.

Can you please send us the exact URL that is saved in your 1Password Login so we can test it on our end? This way we'll be able to better assist you or even fix the problem if it turns out to be an issue on our end.

I look forward to your reply :smile:

Cheers!

• cmouse
    cmouse
    Community Member
    edited February 2016
    Options

Excuse the delay, but I've been away at a conference. The first one I tried was through the 1Password app and that URL is https://www.southwest.com. When I click on the URL through 1Password, it goes to the browser and the URL that is showing up there is mobile.southwest.com (with the lock icon before it. That was going trough the 1Password iPhone app. When I do that, all I get is a blank screen.

• cmouse
    cmouse
    Community Member
    edited February 2016
    Options

When I go through the iPad mini app, it is the same URL but, after a little wait, I do get through. The URL does not change to mobile.southwest.com. However, I just get the main screen, it does not log me in automatically even when using the key icon to Choose An Item to Fill. I also tried creating a new login under the Choose An Item To Fill.

• cmouse
    cmouse
    Community Member
    Options

iPad is working now. No change on the iPhone.

I updated the URL to https://www.southwest.com/login and it works. It also works on the iPhone, but it is not optimized for it. I can use it, but without optimization, it defeats the purpose of bringing it up on the iPhone.

• Rad
    Rad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for getting back to us, @cmouse

I was able to recreate the issue that you are describing in 1Browser and I created a bug in our issue tracker (OPI-3422). This way we can investigate this on our end.

I did some preliminary investigation and it seems that Southwest's mobile website does some user agent checks and it doesn't like the fact that a user agent called "1Browser" checks their website. So I changed the user Agent in Settings > 1Browser to Safari (iPad), closed all my tabs, and I was able to open "mobile.southwest.com" in 1Browser on my iPhone.

I was also able to open "mobile.southwest.com" in Safari on iPhone and used the 1Password extension to fill in my credentials.

Please let me know if this helps :smile:

All the Best,

ref: OPI-3422

• cmouse
    cmouse
    Community Member
    Options

Yup. I had made those same changes and progress. Hopefully, you'll be able to get 1Password to work on the iPhone without going through Safari. This solution is a workaround but it also requires extra steps on the iPhone and two logins (iPhone & iPad). It's not a deal breaker. I'll be looking for the results of OPI-3422. Thanks!

• Rad
    Rad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for getting back to us, cmouse!

I am really happy to hear that the workaround works for you for now. If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Cheers!

This discussion has been closed.