Can't import despite trying two methods

coinlot911
coinlot911
Community Member

I followed the shorter import instructions on the iPad for shifting from v3.7.2 to the latest app and had no problem. I followed exactly the same instructions to import on my iPod Touch from v3.7.2 to the latest app but nothing appeared in the new app. I followed the "import into the new 1Password" instructions several times when opening the old app but nothing appears in the new version.
So I followed the alternative, longer method for v3.6.5 or later (at the link below). Again, every step till the end seemed to go fine, except nothing appeared in the new app. Any idea why this is happening?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb:upgrade-ios, ug:ios/new-user

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@coinlot911: Did you perhaps tell 1Password "don't ask me again" the first time it offered to import? There are a few options that can work. You may be able to backup your data, reinstall the app, restore it, and then import normally. Alternatively, you could use 1Password 3 on a Mac to Wi-Fi Sync your data over, and then use the current version to sync it back to 1Password 6 on iOS. Of course without knowing what OS and device versions you're working with it's difficult to say for certain. Please let me know which would be a better option for you!

• coinlot911
    coinlot911
    Community Member

Thanks Brenty, your comments led me to a way through!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Excellent! Thanks for the update. I'm glad to hear the you were able to get your data. It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of further assistance. We're always here to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.