1Password Cannot Verify Apple Login

Options
emily_ferber
emily_ferber
Community Member

I click on the 1Password Application to open it. The next screen comes up as verifying account and then proceeds to the message title asks "Sign in to use this application on this computer" and below says " "1Password" was purchased using the App Store on another computer." (Which it was not it was purchased on this computer I am currently using 1Password on). "To use "1Password" on this computer, sign in using the Apple ID and password used to purchase it." I proceed to login and then a error message appears titled "an unexpected error occurred while signing in" below says "your device or computer could not be verified. Contact support for assistance." It is the correct password because I am able to login into my iTunes. When I press reset password on the sign in through 1Password it shuts down 1Password Application. I used the app yesterday and it was fine. I have restarted my computer but problem is still happening.

1Password Version: 6.0.2
Extension Version: 4.5.3.90
OS Version: OS X 10.11.3
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:an unexpected error occurred while signing in

Comments

• SalDonovan
    SalDonovan
    Community Member
    Options

I am having the same issue during 1Password login regarding verifying my Apple ID for purchase of this app. This became a problem when I updated my Mac with the operating system updated 2/24/2016. I have had 1Password for several years and not a problem.

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

@emily_ferber @SalDonovan this sounds very much like a re-occurrence of the Apple problem referred to in this sticky at the top of the forum. You might try what is suggested in that post.

Stephen

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@SalDonovan: Indeed, just follow the instructions Stephen_C linked to to re-login to the App Store and you should be all set. Please let us know how it turns out! :)

• peterport
    peterport
    Community Member
    Options

I had this problem after I rebooted my Mac this morning, with 1Password & some other Mac App Store apps. It seemed slightly different to the Apple signing bug from last year, though. Other people are reporting similar issues on the Apple Support Communities (https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7476111). The solution suggested there (https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3175514) fixed it for me.

Solution:
    1) Delete the file Macintosh HD/Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/NetworkInterfaces.plist
    2) Restart OSX
    3) Try logging into Mac App Store again

I did the above in my Admin account, rather than my Standard User account. When I logged back into my standard account, I had to verify with my Apple ID once, but 1Password then opened & ran properly.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Awesome! Thanks for sharing what worked for you. For me, reinstalling the apps was necessary, but did the trick.

Slightly different, but another expired certificate that's causing issues for some people. I think that we might be good now until 2023. I hope. :dizzy:

• Gazelle
    Gazelle
    Community Member
    edited February 2016
    Options

I am having same issue, started last night (2/26/16). So this morning I put 1password in trash and went to the reinstall in the mac app store and got the same error message, "An unexpected error occurred while signing in". I can't reinstall. I can log into my android phone with no problems just can't on my mac.
    Thanks

• Gazelle
    Gazelle
    Community Member
    Options

I tried deleting the NetworkInterfaces.plist and now 1password will not respond. Think I'll wait and see what Apple does.

• Gazelle
    Gazelle
    Community Member
    Options

Noob here. I put 1password in trash and EMPTIED the trash, restarted computer, tried to download the app again from mac store and it worked!
    Thanks!

• @Gazelle Glad to hear you got things back up and running again in just a few minutes! Emptying the Trash does help at times. :lol: If you have any other questions, feel free to let us know.

• iphone
    iphone
    Community Member
    edited February 2016
    Options

Problem is with my iMac - I have other devices and I can sign in without a problem. Cannot bring up 1password - it wants the password to the Apple Store and I can go no further. I can enter my current Apple Store password in the blank box, but then I get "an unexpected error occurred while signing in - the device could not be verified - contact support for assistance.

1Password Version: 6.0.2
    Extension Version: 4.5.3
    OS Version: 10.11.3
    Sync Type: iCloud
    Referrer: kb:icloud-troubleshooting, kb-search:cannot verify apple id, kb:icloud-troubleshooting, kb:icloud-troubleshooting-reset-cloud-data, kb:icloud-troubleshooting

• Hey @iPhone! Sorry about that. It seems this is happening with several apps in the Mac App Store at the moment. I've merged your post with a thread of others with the same issue. Please see the discussion above for a solution to things. It's fairly simple and should only take a few minutes. Again, sorry for the trouble. Hope all is well now. :)

• Mark Sealey
    Mark Sealey
    Community Member
    Options

I've started to get the same fault, although all the usual workarounds suggested here are failing.

Only started this morning.

10.11.3 on 5K iMac + latest MAS-purchased 1P

• @Mark Sealey Did you try the fix mentioned in this Apple discussions post? Let us know if that helps.

• Mark Sealey
    Mark Sealey
    Community Member
    Options

@penderworth,

Yes - that did it! Thanks.

FWIW, it also fixed another problem that started this morning where my actual Ethernet connection had stopped working!

Appreciated…

• Fantastic! :) If you have any other issues, just let us know.

• efudd
    efudd
    Community Member
    Options

I also had a failed Ethernet connection this morning. WIFI had failed earlier this year so I assume it was a HW issue. Bought a USB-to-Ethernet adapter this morning and I have internet access again, but still get the APP Store login issue when I try to launch 1Password. I did a 'sign out' on the app store and tried to sign back in through app store and get same error. Can sign into itunes or through the apple id web page without issue. Fixes above did NOT work for me. Presumably this is related to Apple, not 1PAssword, given I've taken 1Password out of the test though? Fascinating to see so many of us hit this on the same day though.

• efudd
    efudd
    Community Member
    Options

I also started getting the prohibitory sign at OS bootup today. Apparently that can be related to a previous application installation. Anybody seen this at the same time? I still get into the OS, usually this sign means it won't boot and you have to go into safe mode according to online discussions.

• bigbear52
    bigbear52
    Community Member
    Options

When I open my mac I am faced with a dialogue box that asks for my apple ID. It refuses to recognize my ID as valid but this does not interfere with the computers operation...however, it will not let me open 1password! It keeps stating that there is a problem with the log-in please contact apple support! or something like that! Whats up? Apple ID is correct, has not been changed in quite some time.

1Password Version: Not Provided
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Not Provided
    Referrer: forum-search:I am having trouble opening 1password on my mac. It works perfectly on my iphone 6 not mac!

• efudd
    efudd
    Community Member
    Options

prohibitory sign resolved with disk first aid, so not related. Maybe this is an app store issue, given it affected so many this morning.

• @efudd Did you try quitting 1Password completely (if 1Password mini is running in the menu bar, click it and click the gear icon, and click Quit 1Password mini), moving just the 1Password app to the Trash, emptying the Trash, rebooting your computer, then installing the app again from the Mac App Store? Make sure to just move the app to the Trash, not any of your data. And don't use an app cleaner as they can remove your data. Let us know how that goes.

@bigbear52 Sorry for the trouble! I just merged your post with a thread of folks having the same issue. Could you give this Apple discussions post a quick read and let us know if the solution there helps with the issue you're experiencing as well? :)

• efudd
    efudd
    Community Member
    Options

I did not try that, but it won't work for me because I can't login to the app store to re-install, quite apart from 1Password. I'm thinking this may be an app store issue, just happens to affect 1PAssword as well. Especially suspicious given all the people hitting this today.

• @efudd What happens when you try to log in to the App Store? From the sounds of it, that's a different issue from the one in this thread. To at least help you get a copy of 1Password up and running, you can switch to the AgileBits Store version of the app. It's a very simple process, and this knowledge base article has all the details you should need:

Switching to the version of 1Password from the AgileBits website

Let us know how that goes! :)

• iphone
    iphone
    Community Member
    Options

I just spoke with Apple Support - problem is system wide and they are working on the problem.

• @iphone Thanks for letting us know. :)

• emily_ferber
    emily_ferber
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you @peterport your advice was what solved my problem.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for the update! I'm glad to hear that peterport's suggestion helped. :)

• helendoane
    helendoane
    Community Member
    Options

I had to restart my computer and 1Password would not open. It said it wasn't purchased on this computer (it was, 3/4/14) and asked for my Apple ID and password. When I do (neither has been changed- I even checked), 1Password says "Unable to verify. Contact support for assistance.

1Password Version: v4.1.2 (4+)
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: OS x El Capitan 10.11.3
    Referrer: forum-search:Restarted computer. 1Password does not recognized my unchanged AppleID and password.

• SalDonovan
    SalDonovan
    Community Member
    Options

I appreciate the assistance, knowledge, and direction in solving problems of this nature through the forums and discussion groups. I learn a great deal from all of you. I actually kept searching the net and found through an Apple help link the answer to my problem:

**Invalid or incorrect Certificates
    Use the following steps to reset the cache of accepted certificates.

Open the Finder.
    Choose Go to Folder from the Go menu.
    Type /var/db/crls/ in the Go window.
    Click Go.
    Delete crlcache.db and ocspcache.db by dragging these files to the Trash.
    Enter an administrator password if you are prompted.
    Restart the system and test for the issue.****

I am back on track.

• capt32
    capt32
    Community Member
    Options

Same thing happened with me. I got the same error message from 1P, and couldn't update OS X. After 6 hours with Apple support, I completed a reinstall of is x 10.11.3. App Store now recognizes my computer. 1P freezes after use, I quit, restart, wait for the error message that mini won't connect, ok, start again, and work until it freezes again. Already tried reinstalling. Ugh!

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

@helendoane I have merged your post in to a long thread of similar posts—from which you'll see:

• the Mac App Store has been having problems; and
    • some suggestions for resolving the issue.

You might start with the suggestions in this sticky at the top of the forum.

Stephen

This discussion has been closed.