How do I sync iphone6s to imac

mdriver
mdriver
Community Member

I am not able to wifi sync between my iPhone 6s and my iMac which has 1password4.4.3 version and extension version 1password 4.5.3.
I do not know what version is on my phone. I had not synced for several months. It has never not synced before.

1Password Version: 4.4.3
Extension Version: 4.5.3
OS Version: osx 10.9.5
Sync Type: wifi

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@mdriver: Sorry for the trouble! Now, it would definitely be helpful to know which version of 1Password you're using on your iPhone (in 1Password Settings), but the best thing to do would be to follow the steps in this guide to check your network setup to help narrow down the cause:

Wi-Fi troubleshooting

Please let me know what you find. I look forward to hearing back from you! :)

• mdriver
    mdriver
    Community Member

Thanks for the reply. I'm looking at settings in 1password on my iPhone and I don't find the version anywhere! Can you be more specific? Thanks

• Ben
    Ben
    edited February 2016

@mdriver,

We have more detailed instructions, including a screenshot, available here:

(iOS) How to keep 1Password up to date

If you still aren't seeing it... Could you please tell me if the 1Password icon on your iPhone looks like one of the first two here (A or B ):

Please let us know.

Ben

• mdriver
    mdriver
    Community Member

My phone icon matches D
    Thanks
    Mark

• Thanks Mark. The two should definitely be compatible then, so that answers that question. How did you make out with the troubleshooting guide Brenty linked? Does an Ad-Hoc network work, for example? If not what error do you get when trying to sync?

Ben

This discussion has been closed.