1 password will not open if I am not connected to the internet.

Options
bwillie
bwillie
Community Member

I bought my copy from the mac app store. It will not open if I am not connected to the internet. If I buy a new copy of 1 password from agile, will it open when internet is not working.

1Password Version: 6.0.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.11.3
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search: I bought my copy from the mac app store. It will not open if I am not connected to the internet. If I buy a new copy of 1 password from agile, will it open when my internet is not working

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    edited February 2016
    Options

@bwillie - I don't think you need to be connected to the internet to use the AgileBits version, but I'm surprised you do for the Apple one. Perhaps someone from AgileBits will be along to address that.

However, and more importantly, you will not need to buy another license if you want to switch to the AgileBits web store version. You should be able to install it and it should automatically recognize that you have an Apple license and automatically register itself. There have been some glitches with that process recently, and I am unsure where things stand with it. You can send a request for an AgileBits license to support+licenses@agilebits.com. Request a license in the message and include proof of your purchase from the Mac App Store. Add a link to this thread and tell them your forum handle. Proof of purchase from Apple can be the email receipt you received from Apple or a screen shot of it.

Edit: I just turned off my internet connection, then closed 1Password and mini from the 1Password menu. It reopened correctly without an internet connection.

• Hey @bwillie! Sorry about that. It sounds like you may be experiencing the same issue as folks in this thread. There are some fixes mentioned in there, and links to some in on Apple's discussion forum. Could you give them a try and let us know if that helps? :)

• bwillie
    bwillie
    Community Member
    Options

It seems that my very costly Mac Pro had a software glitch that caused the problem. My computer Ethernet connection would not work, but my other modem connections, (TV etc.), worked. Several times I got the request to enter my apple ID & password, but it would not let me. When I went into recovery and said reinstall the OS, I got the same request, and that time it worked on the software install phase. It began downloading and I let it go and reinstall. So far all is well. Apple support said it was a software glitch that sometimes happens. I very much appreciate you all trying to help me. A community of people who really care is very refreshing. Thanks again.

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

There was a recent glitch in Apple Software Update that could kill the ethernet connection. See https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT6672

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @bwillie,

I'm really glad to hear things are working for you now! That's certainly an odd problem. Thanks for updating us on how it worked out!

We do have some truly awesome customers who love to help other customers here on our forums, and we here at AgileBits are also always glad to help, so if you ever need anything else, please don't hesitate to let us know. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.