Purchased 1P from Agilebits on 1/29/16 for $24.99 - why do I now need to buy a license?

Options
tconeone
tconeone
Community Member

Advised that trial period was over, however, when I initially bought the product no mention that that it was a trial only - free trials should not cost $24.99!! What goes? Why do I need a license? Additionally, I added Dropbox to my MAC and installed the IOS versions of 1Password and Dropbox on my my I-Phone.

1Password Version: Version 6
Extension Version: 6.0.2
OS Version: OS X ElCapitan
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: kb:purchase-verification, kb:add-license, kb:sales-faq, kb:switch-from-mac-app-store, kb:sales-faq

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

@tconeone - I'd say you haven't yet installed th license to register your copy. Directions for doing that are in the email you would have received acknowledging your purchase. There is a link in that message to click to install your license. Be sure 1Password is open when you do that.

• tconeone
    tconeone
    Community Member
    Options

Don't recall receiving an email acknowledgement from Agilebits regarding purchase just remember getting a download - could have but I find nothing in my email.

Is this recoverable? I paid using AMEX.

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

@tconeone to get a copy of your licence go to this AgileBits' page and submit the email address you used when you bought 1Password.

Stephen

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@tconeone: I'm not seeing a purchase under this address from January, but please email us at support+licenses@agilebits.com so we can investigate. You absolutely shouldn't have to buy the same license twice, so if we can track it down under a different email address or using your name or purchase receipt we can get this sorted out for you. Thanks in advance! :)

• tconeone
    tconeone
    Community Member
    Options

Appreciate the comments from the various responds - tried all remedies and could not find a license associated with my email address. I went ahead and purchased the license and things are good. Bottom line, it wasn't worth the time to further investigate this.

Thanks for your efforts on my behalf.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2016
    Options

Hi @tconeone,

On behalf of the others here who previously replied to this thread, you're very welcome! I'm sorry you weren't able to find information about your original purchase. I was also unable to find a purchase from January associated with the email address with your forum account (although I now see the new purchase from yesterday - thank you! :) ). If this was indeed your second purchase and you'd like us to help find the first one, please send us an email like brenty suggested above, and we'll see what we can do.

If you need anything else, please don't hesitate to let us know. Cheers! :)

ref: 957465

This discussion has been closed.