Should I turn off iCloud sync after I migrate to 1password for Families?

Options
dcwebster
dcwebster
Community Member
edited February 2016 in Mac

Hi, I just signed up for 1P for families and plan to use that exclusively. Should I now turn off iCloud sync?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb:teams-faq-existing-user, kb:teams-families-migrate, kb:change-master-password, kb:teams-faq-existing-user, kb:teams-families-migrate

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@dcwebster: To be clear, 1Password for Teams/Families vaults cannot be sync'd using iCloud (or Dropbox, or Wi-Fi), so it's irrelevant there.

However, if you're keeping "local" vaults around, either for a specific use or just while you evaluate 1Password for Families, they can still sync. I guess what I'm trying to say is that you can absolutely keep them around and syncing. It's entirely up to you. I have a few myself. But once you've migrated your data fully to 1Password for Families, it may be best to remove the old vaults (perhaps archive them) to avoid confusion. I hope this helps! :)

• dcwebster
    dcwebster
    Community Member
    Options

Yeah, that helps a lot. Thanks! I don't need anything local. I'd rather have everything on Families vaults.

• Vee_AG
    Vee_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @dcwebster,

On behalf of brenty, you're very welcome! If you've already moved all the data you want to keep from your local vault(s) into your Families vault(s), you can remove the local vault(s) by following these steps to start over, and then follow the Teams prompts to set up 1Password for Mac in Teams-only mode.

Let us know how it goes for you, and we'll be here to help if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.