Trouble with 1Password mini. Failure to launch 1Password 6.0.2. [Resolved with reinstallation]

Options
daly
daly
Community Member
edited March 2016 in Mac

I try to launch 1Password 6.0.2 but get the message, "1Password failed to connect to 1Password mini." Don't see duplicate copies of 1Password except in backups. Have disconnected Time Machine. Could really use some help as there is a LOT to lose here.

1Password Version: 6.0.2
Extension Version: don't know
OS Version: 10.10.5
Sync Type: Time Machine
Referrer: kb:error-connect-to-mini, kb:remove-multiple-apps

Comments

• daly
    daly
    Community Member
    edited February 2016
    Options

Where do I find the extension. How many backups must I delete? I have totally trusted 1Password with over 1000 passwords and keys and cannot reach any of them at this time. I would appreciate a call. [telephone number deleted]. Thank you.

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

@daly I have deleted your phone number in your two previous posts. This is a public forum and you really don't want to publicise that sort of information here.

You should find that 1Password will work properly if you simply disconnect the backup disk itself (although you may also have to reboot your Mac, leaving the disk disconnected). The longer term solution (if you wish to have the backup drive permanently connected) is to:

• delete any copy of the 1Password app file (only) from the backup drive; and
    • exclude the 1Password app file from any further backups (because, of course, you can always re-download it if you need to).

Provided you don't use any app cleaner tool when deleting the app file none of this will interfere with your 1Password data.

Stephen

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @daly,

I'm sorry you're having trouble opening 1Password! There are a few situations that can cause the error message you're seeing, so please make sure you try all the troubleshooting steps described here: Troubleshooting “1Password failed to connect to 1Password mini” (Mac)

Having copies of the 1Password app on a backup drive is one potential cause of the error, but if you're still getting the same message even when your Time Machine drive is disconnected, one of the other things mentioned in the above article might be the culprit. Please let us know how it goes, and if you're still having trouble, we'll continue from there. Thanks! :)

• daly
    daly
    Community Member
    Options

Oh, man, that was great guys. It was so simple. I never expected it to work. I just deleted 1Password 6.0.2 and re-downloaded it, installed it and all is well. Thank you so much for your support.

• Vee_AG
    Vee_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @daly,

Thanks so much for following up to let us know what worked for you. I'm so glad you found an easy solution in our troubleshooting guide! That's great.

On behalf of the team here, you're so very welcome! Hopefully 1Password will work seamlessly from now on, but we'll always be here to help if you have any other questions for us. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.