New To 1 Password

I am new to 1 password. I actually downloaded and installed it a few months ago, but never got around to using it. Well now I am trying to use it a need some assistance.

I am using version 4.6.0.604 (it updated itself today)

I am using windows 10 and I.E 11. I was able to successfully save one log on for testing. However I would like to change the password for this logon and others going forward to make it more secure. I found the option to change it via the password generator, but I can't for the life of me get this to save and update with one password.

I am also trying to figure out when I navigate to a website and want to log in, does one password automatically log in? or do I need to navigate to the log on page?

I found a video on you tube seems to be older, and it says for windows users once the extension is installed if I right click in the password box on a website log in I should be able to pull up the one password window. This not happening for I.E, only in chrome right now. I am trying to set up I.E first and worry about Chrome later. Is there something I need to do to get this to work?

Please help

1Password Version: 4.6.0.604
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @GIacona,

Sorry for the troubles here. Usually the password updating process should be straightforward in Internet Explorer.
    Our guide article Changing a saved password is a good place to start.

If it doesn't work, there may be something on the site that prevents 1Password from recognising the form fields.
    Can you tell us which site this is happening on?

Thanks!

• GIacona
    GIacona
    Community Member

Thanks for your assistance, but I am still having trouble even saving my initial password for internet explorer. I tried paypal.com and target.com. When I use google chrome and sign in, one password asks me if I want to save the logon. When I use internet explorer, it does not prompt me to save the initial log on and I have tried multiple websites. I wonder if this problem could be related to internet explorer directly? Would a reinstall of one password or even restoring all defaults in internet explorer help?

I don't want to jump ahead here, but I do use different web browsers from time to time. Once I get this working in one web browser will I have to save the log on's in the other browsers I use, or will they sync up?

• Hi @GIacona,

Once I get this working in one web browser will I have to save the log on's in the other browsers I use, or will they sync up?

1Password Helper is the companion to your browser extensions, it handles the UI and your data. It uses your 1Password data file to communicate the data to your extensions, which means all of your browsers will show the same data regardless of where you're filling and saving. To answer your question, yes, once you save it in one browser, it'll instantly show up in all browsers afterward.

However, the 1Password plug-in for Internet Explorer is built differently from the browser extensions that's the same for Firefox, Chrome, Opera, and so on; IE and other browsers will behave slightly different.

I've tested Target.com and eBay.com in IE 11 on Windows 10, 1Password did prompt to auto-save on both.

Let's test to see if manual save is working:

1. Enter "testing@testing.com"/"testpassword" on eBay.com's sign-in page in IE but do not submit the form
    2. Click on the 1Password icon on the IE's toolbar to select Settings > Save New Login, did 1Password prompt to save the data?

If yes, can you click on the 1Password icon on the toolbar to select Settings, does it show Auto-save Login as checked? If not, click on it, and try again with eBay, does it prompt to auto-save?

This discussion has been closed.