Dropbox syncing does no longer work - I'm really stuck

kdhooghe
kdhooghe
Community Member

Hi there,

My issue is in fact related to dropbox but it's stopping me from using 1Password ...
I'm not finding any solution so I'm reaching out to you.

I'm using an IMAC and dropbox always keep saying "starting" after I launched it but is not syncing anything ... I tried everything, several reinstalls, completely deleting my dropbox account, linking/unlinking, manually deleting everything, etc.

I can no longer get dropbox working on my Mac.
Searched the internet, nothing works. I don't want to use iCloud or wifi as I'm using mulitplatform 1Password.

So, do you have any idea how I can get Dropbox working again on my master mac? Of course dropbox is not helping because this is a free account ...

I must be missing something ...

Thanks for your help.

Kris

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.11.3
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:dropbox

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @kdhooghe,

I'm sorry you're having some trouble with that! Just to make sure I understand, do you mean your Dropbox account (or the Dropbox app/service) isn't working for you on your Mac at all? In other words, if you add a new file to the Dropbox folder on your Mac, does it sync to your account on dropbox.com and/or your other devices? If that works, are you specifically having a problem with Dropbox Sync in 1Password?

If your Dropbox account isn't working on your Mac in general (and the problem isn't specific to 1Password), you would probably need to contact Dropbox about that.

On the other hand, if your Dropbox account works but Dropbox Sync isn't working in 1Password, we can certainly help you out with that. To start, we'll just need to know some more details about the problem and your setup:

• What version of the 1Password app is installed on your Mac?
    • Are you using the AgileBits Store version or the Mac App Store version of 1Password?
    • Aside from your iMac, what other devices are you syncing (or trying to sync) with 1Password?
    • What version of 1Password are you using on the other devices?
    • Is Dropbox sync set up in the sync settings of 1Password on all devices?
    • What device has all your latest 1Password information?
    • How do you know Dropbox sync isn't working in 1Password?
    • Do you receive any error messages? If so, what do they say?
    • Have you followed **these steps to setup Dropbox Sync in 1Password on your Mac?

Once we know those details, we should have a much better idea of how to help you out with this. Thanks! :)

• kdhooghe
    kdhooghe
    Community Member

Hi there,

Sorry for the late reply. It is indeed a pure Dropbox problem but I thought maybe you experienced it before. Getting help from dropbox is not that easy and I see more people with this issue ... I got around it for now by starting dropbox in a different way

Thanks for your help.

Kris

• Hi @kdhooghe ,

Glad to hear you got it working. If you have any questions on this in the future, please let us know.

Cheers,
    Kevin

This discussion has been closed.