Master password not accepted with fresh install via Wifi Sync

Options
understrecket
understrecket
Community Member

Hello.
I have a rather strange problem.
I installed the PC version of 1password, and then the Android version, synced passwords over wifi with an empty vault to see how it worked. I later changed my master password on desktop, and proceeded to change the master password in the Android app as well.

I tried reinstalling the app to start fresh, when trying to sync of wifi now, the app doesn't accept the Master password, neither the old or the new one.

When entering the app, I enter the master password from desktop and it works. But when trying to complete the quick tour clicking: I already have 1password data somewhere else -> Wifi sync I get problems. I find my computer on the network. I can enter the secret on my phone. I then get prompted for the master password on desktop, which I can enter. But then I get "Invalid master password" when trying either the new or old password on the android device.

Is there some way to completely wipe all the data from the device, it feels like something is left even with an uninstall, e.g. my desktop master password opens the app, without me being able to complete even an initial sync.

Best regards
//Understrecket

1Password Version: 6.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 5.1.1
Sync Type: Wifi Sync

Comments

This discussion has been closed.