Request and Hide Info

clouvi
clouvi
Community Member

I need to request Credit Card information from my clients. I want to be able to copy and paste it to browsers on my end but make sure that my clients know that I can't see their information. Is this possible to do?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hey @clouvi,

That's a great question, and unfortunately the answer is that what you're looking for specifically isn't possible. But, could you explain a bit more of why you need their credit card info in the first place? I may have some suggestions for that, like using different access levels in a service. I'd love to know what you're specifically looking for so I can find you a solution. :)

You may be wondering why it's not possible to do exactly what you're asking. Basically, if you had copy and paste access only (for example), you could just paste the number somewhere else on your computer and read it. The key here is that secrets can't be unshared. 1Password does have credit card filling abilities, which are fantastic, but most websites don't conceal this information in the page itself.

This discussion has been closed.