Migrating to new computer, OS, and 1Password version

I'm currently using 1Password 3 for Windows on a Windows 7 computer (and my iPhone), and I am about to have a new computer with Windows 10. I'll want to install 1Password 4 obviously, but I don't have the license information from my install of 3. I'm keeping my 1Password info in my Dropbox account for computer/iPhone sync. My question is, will I be able to sync my 1Password 3 info via my Dropbox onto my new computer, install 1Password 4 on the new computer, and import the data?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb-search:windows 10

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@PTD27: Yes! Now, I suspect you meant 1Password for Windows version 1 (since there was no version 3), but regardless all versions of 1Password for Windows that we've released support the AgileKeychain format, so you'll be able to simply open your existing vault in Dropbox in 1Password 4 and you'll be all set. And keep in mind that you can also use 1Password 4 on your old computer as well (if you're keeping it). I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• PTD27
    PTD27
    Community Member

Thanks very much @brenty Everything worked fine and I have 1Password up and running on my new computer.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Excellent! Thanks for the update. You are most welcome! I'm glad to hear that all is well. It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of further assistance. We're always here to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.