Personal and Shared Default Vault Names Changed for Teams

Options
thesocialdiner
thesocialdiner
Community Member

Can I either rename or remove the two default vaults (Personal and Shared) that are generated when switching to the new "Teams" architecture?

(As for versions we're on the latest of everything) Mac OS X

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_kevin
    edited March 2016
    Options

Hi @thesocialdiner ,

Thanks for writing in with your question. Personal and Shared vaults can not be renamed. If they're not suitable for your use, right now we recommend excluding them in the All Vaults preferences. And choose a different "Vault For Saving". They'll still appear in the vault list but autosaves will not go there, and when using All Vaults, items from those vaults will not appear.

We still have lots of enhancements coming to 1Password for Teams including vault administration, and your need for this has been noted.

Cheers,
    Kevin

• thesocialdiner
    thesocialdiner
    Community Member
    Options

:-( Ok thank you. Could you elaborate on the reason why those are set that way? Why would someone want their personal data on a work machine?

• nathanvf
    nathanvf
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @thesocialdiner,

Maybe "Personal" is not the best name for it. But the implication is that they are items which are not accessible to other team members. Sure they could be something truly personal like your Amazon.com account, but they could also be work-related Logins which your coworkers do not need access to. Like for example, you all have your individual Github accounts, so they'd be in your Personal vaults. But you have a Github account for some other purpose, which would be in a shared vault.

• thesocialdiner
    thesocialdiner
    Community Member
    Options

I see that make sense, well I'm very eager to hear about developments in the opportunity to rename and remove,or in someway have better control over those. I may have over 20 teams on my account and it's going to be rather cluttered.

• nathanvf
    nathanvf
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @thesocialdiner,

I think you must mean 20 vaults. :chuffed:

I know there are others who wish to remove those vaults. So we'll see what comes down the pike.

• thesocialdiner
    thesocialdiner
    Community Member
    Options

SO @nathanvf if I have 20 clients and I need to manage a collection of data for each client (passwords, cards, etc) I should setup a separate vault out for each of those clients. What if I need to share only some of those logins from those vaults to other members on my team will SHARING that login ensure that the login stays synced with them ?

• nathanvf
    nathanvf
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey thesocialdiner,

You can't share to other people per-item. It's per-vault so you would have to separate those items into separate vaults. If they are setup with the team and the vault is accessible to them it will stay in sync.

This discussion has been closed.