Open Documents loaded into 1P Mac in Families on Safari

parked
parked
Community Member

As a follow on to the post in the mac forum by @JohnPass (OP) re documents support in 1Password, I have set up 1P for Families and have a vault specifically to capture documents. I add the document on 1P for mac (secure note, which allows upload..), check the sync and try and open it in 1P for Families on Safari (9.0.3) and i get a message saying Safari does not support opening documents and to get Chrome or Opera instead? Is this the case?
The document was a PDF. Tried a JPEG with the same result.

1Password Version: 1Password 6 Version 6.1 (610005) AgileBits Store
Extension Version: 4.5.3
OS Version: OS X 10.11.3
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: kb-search:secure document, ug:mac/attach-a-file, kb:teams-admin-recovery, kb:install-browser-extension, kb-search:safari document open

Comments

• parked
    parked
    Community Member

A snap of the message

• Hi @parked,

For the time being, Documents aren't supported in Safari. This is hopefully a temporary issue... we mostly use Safari internally, so we feel your pain.

Rick

• iamecho
    iamecho
    Community Member
    edited March 2016

AgileBits Update: This message was cross posted here.

Hi, good evening. I am having problems this evening adding pdf's to one of my entries. Specially a passport and accompanying scanned pdf image. I see it perfectly on the mac app and it also appears in iOS, but when I tap the attachment in iOS it downloads and then gives me an error. I have tried various different attachments - pdfs, word docs, pages doc .. same thing happens with all of them. They show as being there but when I go to look at it I get an error. I have about 30 attachments that I brought over from the standalone 1P, so I know it works. Could it be a temporary error on your end? Thanks. Using most current versions of 1P Families on mac / iOS. Both devices running most current software too.

• Aleen
    Aleen
    1Password Alumni

Hello! I responded to you in the other thread, @iamecho :)

This discussion has been closed.