i am using 1password 6 on mac OSX El Capitan 10.11.3 and it wont autofill.

Options

i have been through other forums relating to safari and followed the instructions including checking the appropriate 1password preferences, but i cannot get it to autofill. it does on my laptop but not on my desktop.
cheers penny

1Password Version: 6.1
Extension Version: cannot find this
OS Version: 10.11.3
Sync Type: icloud
Referrer: forum-search:1password auto fill not working in firefox on mac

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @pennybowring,

So it would seem safe to assume you're running Safari 9.0.3 given you state you're running El Capitan so I've just got a couple of questions for you.

1. What version of the 1Password Safari extension is installed?
    2. When you say autofill what do you mean? I know it sounds a bit of an odd question so let me explain. 1Password will not automatically fill any page that you load in your browser and instead will require an action from you as the user. It can either be something like using the ⌘\ keyboard shortcut (that fills the currently loaded page in Safari) or maybe you're using the open and fill where you click on the URL stored in a Login item, this tells 1Password to load the page and then fill. If you are normally used to clicking a bookmark in Safari and finding your login details are present after the page is loaded it might be Safari's autofill. To see if you're using Safari's autofill on your desktop open Safari's preferences and switch to the Passwords tab. Is the option titled AutoFill user names and passwords enabled and disabled?

I'm sure we can get to the bottom of this and with a little luck the answers to those questions will help guide us to the cause :smile:

• samithedog
    samithedog
    Community Member
    Options

I'm having the same program. I use the open and fill - clicking on the URL stored in a Login item, and 1Password loads the page and then fill. I'm running Safari 9.0.3 on OS El Capitan 10.11.3. I appreciate the help.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @samithedog,

I'm not sure if you're having the same problem or not. If I read your post correctly it sounds like you're saying you click on the URL in a Login item, 1Password opens a new tab in your default browser and after it has loaded it fills. That's what open and fill should do so I'm a little unclear as to the issue you're experiencing. Could you clarify a little for me please and then we'll certainly do our best to assist :smile:

This discussion has been closed.