.pdf document cannot be downloaded/showen in Family but it can in 1password for mac.

Options
JohnRiel
JohnRiel
Community Member

Not all .pdf document can be downloaded/showen in Team-Family but it can in 1password for mac.

I have tryed both .pdf and .jpg

1Password Version: 6.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X10.10
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb-search:pdf, kb:teams-families-migrate

Comments

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    edited March 2016
    Options

@JohnRiel

Are you referring to the browser displaying the item? If so and your using Safari its a known issue. If I recall correctly the work around is to use Chrome for the time being.

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    Options

ps Since you mentioned teams, and specifically families, I am going to move this to the family section. :chuffed:

• iamecho
    iamecho
    Community Member
    Options

I'm experiencing something similar .. when I migrated from 1P to families all 43 of my attachments came over without problem. Mostly .pdf's, some .png's and a couple pages documents. They display perfectly on app for mac, iOS devices & web version. Last night I tried to update my passport with a new scanned image and it shows on mac, shows in iOS device, but when I try to look at it on iPhone is says "error downloading try again later." I did it again with a new scan and tried other attachments - nothing is working. Mac 6.1, iOS 6.2.2

• Hi @iamecho and @JohnRiel,

I suspect you're both running into the same issue. We recently changed (last week) how something works with Documents, which is going to make them not always work in 1Password for iOS until the next update is out. 1Password for Mac 6.0.2 has the same issue, so we'll have to wait until 6.1 is approved there.

I'm terribly sorry for the inconvenience. They should always work in a Browser, but obviously while on a mobile device that's not ideal.

Rick

• iamecho
    iamecho
    Community Member
    Options

@rickfillion Hi Rick - thank you for the update & I totally understand the need to wait for the next versions of 6.2.2 (iOS) and ABS 6.1 (mac). In an effort to troubleshoot this today I deleted my iOS app completely and then re-installed it. 42 attachments came through again perfectly onto the iPhone (all migrated prior to your Documents change) but the one I was working on last night couldn't download onto iOS but was visible on mac version (ABS) and the web. Interesting that it recognized 42 attachments from weeks ago. Anyway .. just rambling .. I'll keep a close eye out for the update as I use attachments all the time & find this one of the top 10 features of 1P.

• @iamecho older Documents created from 1Password for Mac would work fine on iOS. Newer documents (created with 6.1) from Mac would not necessarily work, and the same issue with documents created from the Web. Basically we had to change something ever so slightly, and it broke compatibility.

• iamecho
    iamecho
    Community Member
    Options

@rickfillion Sounds like a lot of extra work on your end & I look forward to the fix when it comes available. Thanks for your immediate response & explanation :)

• You're welcome. :)

Rick

• WinterSun
    WinterSun
    Community Member
    Options

@rickfillion Hi Rick, Thanks as well for the explanation. Do you know when the iOS update will be released? I'm running into the same issue where any Document I try to open in the iOS app gives the error message of "Error Downloading. Try Again Later"

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@WinterSun: Sorry for the trouble! We don't have a time frame on when it will be available, since we may find other issues in other issues may arise during testing. Thanks for your patience!

This discussion has been closed.