The mini window pops open on most, but not all websites. OS 10.11.3, 1Password 6.1 Beta-3 (60003)

Options
geoffreys
geoffreys
Community Member

The mini window pops open on most, but not all websites. OS 10.11.3, 1Password 6.1 Beta-3 (60003). This occurs even when there is no apparent login on the web page.

1Password Version: 6.1 Beta-3 (60003)
Extension Version: 4.5.3
OS Version: 10.11.3
Sync Type: dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:The mini window pops open on most, but not all websites. OS 10.11.3, 1Password 6.1 Beta-3 (60003)

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @geoffreys,

I'm sorry you're having a strange problem with 1Password mini!

Just to make sure I understand, do you mean that mini opens randomly while viewing most websites, even if you haven't filled in a sign-in form, clicked the extension icon in the browser, or used the ⌘\ ( Command+\ ) or ⌥⌘\ ( Option+Command+\ ) keyboard shortcut? Is there anything that seems to trigger the mini window?

Also, what exactly do you see in the mini window? Is it the usual lock screen that asks for your master password? Or is it a 'Save Login' prompt? Or the usual list of item categories with a search field at the top?

I also noticed you're using a beta of version 6.1, but we released 6.1 as a stable update earlier this week. Can you try installing that to see if it helps? From the main 1Password app, just go to the menu for 1Password > Check for Updates, and it should prompt you to install 6.1.

Looking forward to hearing back from you! :)

• geoffreys
    geoffreys
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Drew... Thanks for the very quick response. Yes. The Mini lockscreen/password window opens randomly on some pages - even when I'm already logged into the web site or not logged in at all... or there is no apparent login. I updated to the latest version and this is still occurring on some sites. Oddly, 1Password is set to automatically check for updates, and usually does, but missed this one.

Cheers,
    Geoffrey

• Hi @geoffreys ,

We've seen an instance of this happening before, but have been unable to track it down. It's almost as if something is triggering the short keyboard cut on it's own. I'd love it if you could create a Diagnostics Report from your Mac:

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/mac.html

Attach the Diagnostics Report to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

If you could also include the exact date and time (well, exact as you reasonably can) that a random popup occurred, that would be great!

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report and ensure that it is dealt with quickly. :)

I hope that something in the report will show why this is happening.

Cheers,
    Kevin

• geoffreys
    geoffreys
    Community Member
    Options

The file has been sent - Support ID# JYW-78831-853.
    Thanks!

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks @geoffreys! We received your Diagnostics Report, and someone will get back to you as soon as possible with more information. We'll keep the conversation going directly via email to avoid complicating things between here and there. Hopefully we'll be able to get to the bottom of this soon. Thanks for your patience! :)

ref: JYW-78831-853

• geoffreys
    geoffreys
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,
    Answering questions from Kevin...

1. It’s about 50/50… Sometimes I type the URL and other times I use a bookmark.
    2. Autocomplete or not… 1 Password may pop up.
    3. I usually create my own bookmarks prior to interacting with 1 Password.
    4. Yes. This has occurred.

1 Password may pop up on web sites where I have no login, such as cnn.com. Stranger still… 1 Password may pop open 2 or 3 times when navigating to various pages of a web site. A moment later, those same pages will not cause 1 Password to pop open.

Cheers,
    Geoffrey

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks @geoffreys! I see that you also replied to Kevin's email with those answers, so he'll be getting back to you as soon as possible about that. To avoid confusion, I'll close this forum thread and we'll keep the conversation going via email so we don't duplicate efforts between here and there. Hopefully we'll get this all worked out soon. Thanks so much for your patience! :)

ref: JYW-78831-853

This discussion has been closed.