Teams status page should be renamed in Teams/Family status page

Options
dahanbn
dahanbn
Community Member

Personally I think you should rename your teams status page to Teams/Family.

https://1password.statuspage.io/

In the longrun naming it only teams will not be really useful for family users. I don't think that all family users know that they are using the teams platform. And renaming it shouldn't take that long. With a clearly labeled status page for Teams & Family both types of users would know where the possibly find status informations. :-)

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Personally I think you should rename your teams status page to Teams/Family.
    https://1password.statuspage.io/

@dahanbn: Definitely something we'll consider.

In the longrun naming it only teams will not be really useful for family users. I don't think that all family users know that they are using the teams platform. And renaming it shouldn't take that long. With a clearly labeled status page for Teams & Family both types of users would know where the possibly find status informations. :-)

I don't really agree with your reasoning though. It's absolutely useful to 1Password users regardless of the specific text on the page. But more importantly I suspect you're in the minority of people who'd be interested in the status page in the first place...and the type of user who cares about the status is also likely to be savvy enough to know that the same servers are behind both 1Password for Teams and 1Password for Families — for example, you. ;)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@dahanbn: A fair point! You're right that it's confusing, because while Teams actually came first, Families was ready sooner (while Teams is still in beta).

I do think, however, that it's in some ways more confusing to folks like you who are following this closely (as opposed to folks who just go to the 1Password for Families site, which has all the information most people will want). Part of that is 1Password for Families doesn't have to scale (or have as many complicated controls) as 1Password for Teams will. And frankly since 1Password for Families and 1Password for Teams aren't "products" in the traditional sense of buying an app, the site, service, and documentation are still a work in progress. Thanks for helping to keep us on our toes! :pirate:

• dteare
    Options

You bring up a great point, @dahanbn! The status page was created before Families even existed :)

I forgot that it needs to be updated and have opened an issue for the team to look at.

Thanks for letting us know!

This discussion has been closed.