1Password isn't filling on ebay.co.uk

Options

Comments

• rujamajoco
    rujamajoco
    Community Member
    Options

I am having same issue, but it seems to be site-specific. I have reloaded the extensions, and the 1password app itself. No change. Specifically it will not work on eBay.co.uk in either safari or firefox, but some other sites seem ok. Also 1Password 6.1 and El Capitan 10.11.3. Pressing CMD | does not bring up the autofill, or 1password Mini, although that does flash through the screen if you repeatedly key for it.

• rujamajoco
    rujamajoco
    Community Member
    Options

I should add that I recopied the revised, correct Url for eBay.co.uk into 1P, but it still will not respond.
    All other logins I have tried seem to work through the extensions with no problem.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @rujamajoco,

I've split your question away from the other query as they're very different. As long as the majority of the Login items you have are filling properly then any answer that will help you won't be applicable to the other user and vice versa.

What I would like to ask of you is the following question.

What version of the 1Password extension is installed in each browser?

I think this may tell us a lot and we can work to get this resolved :smile:

• rujamajoco
    rujamajoco
    Community Member
    Options

Safari extension is 4.5.3 and Firefox is 4.4.3. (I ddi not try reloading Firefox extension, only the Safari one. Latest version installed from Safari gallery option. It offered me 4.5.2 "from the developer". I tried both but always got 4.5.3 anyway.

• rujamajoco
    rujamajoco
    Community Member
    Options

I have just updated Firefox to extension version 4.5.3. reinstalled it, rebooted Mac. Problem remains in Firefox and Safari but still seems to be limited to eBay.co.uk login.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @rujamajoco,

Okay, the next thing I'd be curious about is whether you see the same issue if you create a brand new Login item using our How to manually save a Login guide. Does a new Login item not work like the old one or does it behave any better?

• Ein
    Ein
    Community Member
    edited March 2016
    Options

It doesn't work with the USA eBay login either. eBay seems to have a new login screen.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Greetings @Ein,

Something odd seems to be going on because my old eBay Login item works without issue and when I tried creating a new Login item by following the How to manually save a Login guide it too also worked and in both cases I was successfully logged in.

This was tested with the following:

• 1Password 6.0.1
    • Safari with 1Password Safari Extension version 4.5.3

So @Ein, when you say it doesn't work what do you see happening? Do you see the same behaviour with a brand new Login item created by following the guide I linked to and lastly, how do you normally interact with 1Password mini? Most of my interactions are by way of the keyboard shortcut ⌘\ whereby 1Password mini only becomes visible if there isn't a single match and I have to choose. If this is how you normally fill a page what do you see if you try the keyboard shortcut ⌥⌘\ instead? This should open 1Password mini and I'm wondering, is it showing you your eBay Login item?

Given I can successfully log in I'm hopeful it's just about identifying the cause and then we can find the solution :smile:

• Ein
    Ein
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the quick reply.

1P 6.1, latest beta extension 4.5.4.b6, latest beta OS X.

All my other logins worked fine, just eBay. Click on the ebay login from mini or the full app will get me to the login screen. It just refused to fill in the login info. I did a new login save. It worked the first try but all failed afterward.

• rujamajoco
    rujamajoco
    Community Member
    Options

So now I have created a new EBAY login item, and it works. The old one still does not work. The long detailed web site address is identical in each item.

https://signin.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?SignIn&UsingSSL=1&pUserId=&co_partnerId=2&siteid=3&ru=http://my.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?MyEbayBeta&MyEbay=&gbh=1&guest=1&pageType=3984Beta&MyEbay=&gbh=1&guest=1&pageType=3984

So I think my problem is solved, but the mystery remains.

CMD+ | works on the new item but not the old one. But the mini window pops up with the new login item because it recognises a duplicate so you have to select the donor item.

If you select the new login item it populates, if you select the old login item it does nothing. - I Cannot add anything more!

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Greetings @rujamajoco,

I confess I haven't used eBay for quite some time now. Their login page does look different, I don't remember it always having the two tabs before and it seems likely that 1Password could be getting confused as both tabs have a single password field by the looks of it. The new item, being more aware of which fields are actually used for logging in could simply be doing a better job of interacting with this particular page.

When you view a Login item in the main 1Password window you should see a button titled show web from details. If you click this button you should see a list of fields. Now if you were to compare the list from the old item and the new one I suspect they're different . If they are it would lend support to my theory above. When the web form details match the page we use them to fill in all the fields as we're confident that we understand this page. It's a bit like matching fingerprints. When they don't match we instead use a number of heuristics to guess which fields on the page are the ones you need to fill. If we guess wrong things don't go smoothly. To truly understand why your previous item fails where the new one succeeds would require a level of dissection that you probably don't want to go into.

If you're still curious though we'll certainly work with you to figure out the why :smile:

This discussion has been closed.