Intermittely have to re-enter my master password

Options
mskopel
mskopel
Community Member

Hello,

I am on an iPad Air 1. Recently I have noticed after opening 1Password using my pin code, I am prompted to enter my master password. I cannot reproduce this at will but it definitly happens regularly, this is what I notice.

1. I will open 1Password and for a split second I will see the 1P lock screen then be taken to the section I was in last
  2. I leave 1P then when I try to get back in I am prompted for my master password.

Can you suggest what I should do to resolve this?

Thanks,
Michael

1Password Version: 6.2.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 9.2.1
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

@mskopel - Is this related to restarting your iPad? The master password is required whenever your iPad is restarted. Also, what are your options in Preferences > Security?

• mskopel
    mskopel
    Community Member
    Options

Definitely not related to restaring the iPad.

• Ben
    Options

Hi @mskopel

Please let us know what your settings are set for under Settings > Security within the 1Password app. Also, please let us know what the Settings > Advanced > Security > Require Master Password setting is set to (you probably want the default, "never").

Thanks!

Ben

• mskopel
    mskopel
    Community Member
    Options

Ben,

Under Security >> Settings
    Lock on Exit: Off
    Auto-Lock: 15 Mins
    Pin Code: (is set)

Watchtower is on
    Clear Clipboard: Never
    Conceal Passwords: On

Under Settings >> Advanced >> Security
    Require Master Password: Never

Let me know if you any additional info.

Thanks,
    Michael

• Ben
    Options

That is strange, Michael. Is this issue still occuring?

If so, I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your iOS device:

(iOS) Sending Diagnostics Reports

Attach the Diagnostics Report to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report and ensure that it is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Ben

• mskopel
    mskopel
    Community Member
    Options

Ben, I've just sent in the diagnostics report. The support id is #DEK-85273-329. The problem happens intermittently. It has not happened since I started this post but it has happened 3-4 times in the past month.

• Ben
    Options

Thanks, @mskopel! Got it. We'll be responding via email soon.

Ben

ref: DEK-85273-329

• GeniusRedacted
    GeniusRedacted
    Community Member
    Options

I also have this issue - on an iPhone. The 1Password app will sometimes accept my pin, sometimes demand the master password, and sometimes it starts to show the master password login before switching to the pin login.

1Password Version: 6..1
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: iOS 9.3 (13E233)
    Sync Type: Dropbox

Under Security >> Settings
    Lock on Exit: On
    Auto-Lock: 2 Minutes
    Pin Code: (is set)

Watchtower is on
    Clear Clipboard: 2 min
    Conceal Passwords: On

Under Settings >> Advanced >> Security
    Require Master Password: Never

• Ben
    Options

Thanks @GeniusRedacted. Strange. Your settings look okay. I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your iOS device:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (iOS)

Attach the Diagnostics Report(s) to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report(s) in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report(s) in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report(s) and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.