Very Slow to Unlock 1Password after Mac has been idle

BettR
BettR
Community Member

Lately, I have been experiencing very slow unlocking of 1Password (v 6.0.2 (602004) AgileBits Store) after my laptop has been idle for sometime. I enter my password and wait and wait. There is not feedback, just wait. Then it will unlock and the rest of the day will be fine.

Unfortunately, I cannot pinpoint when this started to occur other than to say in the last few days for sure. Is there a fix?

1Password Version: 6.0.2
Extension Version: 4.5.3
OS Version: 11.11.03
Sync Type: DropBox
Referrer: kb-search:unlocking takes forever!, kb-search:unlocking, kb:locking-and-unlocking, kb-search:slow unlock, kb:agile-keychain-design

Comments

• BettR
    BettR
    Community Member

Looks like this issue has been solved for me by your latest Mac update: v 6.1 (610005)

Thank you!!

• Hi @BettR,

Unfortunately this has not been fixed in v6.1, you're likely just not seeing it anymore because you've recently restarted 1Password mini. We're still tracking it down, it's one of our top issues. When it gets bad you should be able to restart both 1Password and 1Password mini, and you'll then be good again for a while. Obviously that's not a long term fix. I'm really hoping that we can get this fixed as part of 6.2. So far the cause of this is eluding us. We have a few theories and working to get more information. Even when I had it happen on my own machine it wasn't obvious what was causing it to do this.

Rick

• BettR
    BettR
    Community Member

Thank you for clarifying and giving me an interim fix. Agilebit programmers have proven themselves to be the best in the business, so I am confident you will track this little bug down eventually!

Meanwhile, I will restart the apps.

Thanks again and good luck with this tricky bit.

• Vee_AG
    Vee_AG
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2016

Hi @BettR,

Thanks so much for the kind words! Glad to see that @rickfillion's suggestion is a helpful workaround for you while we look into squishing this bug. :)

Take care, and we'll be here to help if you have any other questions.

• iCoco
    iCoco
    Community Member

Let me chime in on this issue, as it's the same here on my Mac: 1Password often needs very long time to open, sometimes doesn’t open at all. Sometimes the app opens but is empty for a minute or so before it becomes populated with entries. Restarting my Mac sometimes would solve the issue, but only temporarily. I love (and need) 1Password and I am using the app on all of my devices. However, am getting a bit upset with the Mac app, as I am having this issue for months now. I really do hope that 6.2 will solve it.
    (Mac OS X 10.11.5, Safari 9.1.1, 1Password 6.3.1)

• Hi @iCoco,

If you are running 6.3.1, then that issue should have been solved. You may be having a different issue with a similar symptom. The next time this happens, take note of the date and time. Then, I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the Diagnostics Report(s) to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com. Please include the date and time the issue occurred.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report(s) in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report(s) in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report(s) and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Regards,
    Kevin

• iCoco
    iCoco
    Community Member

@ag_kevin
    Hi Kevin
    Happened again today: It took almost 4 minutes from entering my 1PW-password and hitting Enter until the content was shown.
    I've created a diagnostics report and sent it to you a few minutes ago via e-mail as requested. Support ID Number is [#AYF-68237-234].

• Hi @iCoco,

Thanks for letting me know. I took a quick look but have to investigate a little more. I'll reply via email when I have more information.

Cheers,
    Kevin

• iCoco
    iCoco
    Community Member

Hi @ag_kevin

unfortunately it happened again today. Again I've created a diagnostics report and sent it to you a few minutes ago via e-mail as requested. Support ID Number is [#AYF-68237-234].

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @iCoco

I'm sorry to hear that you are having some trouble again! :frown: We have received your diagnostics report, someone will be in touch with you over email soon. We'll continue the conversation over there!

ref: [#AYF-68237-234]

This discussion has been closed.