Problems with UMB log-in

Options

I'm having a bit of trouble logging in to my UMB account (https://www.umb.com/personal/). If I select that entry with my browser plug-in, then nothing at all happens: the browser does not open a new tab and load the page. If I select "open and fill" from the 1Password application, then the browser does open the page in a new tab, but the User ID does not get filled or submitted. If I click on the browser plugin with that page already loaded, the plugin recognizes where I am and highlights the UMB entry, but again will not fill the user ID when I select the entry. If I manually copy and paste the info from 1PW into the web page, then I can log in successfully. Any suggestions?

ENVIRONMENT:
Mac OS X 10.11.3
1Password 6.1
Firefox 44.0.2
Firefox plugin 4.5.3

Thanks,
Mike

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Greetings @mike429,

So I don't have an account with UMB which limits my ability to really test certain things but I gave it a shot to see what I could find.

What I did was I manually created a Login item for the first page using our guide, How to manually save a Login. I then reloaded the page to clear and attempted to fill using this item. I also tried using open and fill by clicking on the website field in the Login item.

In both cases I was able to successfully fill the username and it took me to the next page. Now because the username I was using probably doesn't exist the next page I see is likely not the one you see. I was asked for the answer to a security question rather than simply a password which I think most customers don't see regularly.

Can you see what happens if you create a new Login item specifically for the first page, using our How to manually save a Login guide. Does this item do better at filling the first page?

Hopefully it will and then we need to figure out how this impacts the password page. Hopefully though we can get things going smoothly.

• mike429
    mike429
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the quick follow-up. I manually saved a new log-in, which worked a little better. Invoking the new log-in from the browser plug-in now causes the page to load in a new tab, but the user ID still does not autofill. And even if I invoke the 1PW plug-in a second time while already sitting on the UMB page, the User ID does not paste in. If I enter the User ID manually, I move along the to the next screen for entering the password. On this screen, invoking the 1PW entry from the plug-in does successfully fill and enter the password. Poking around in the Web Form Details on various iterations of this saved log-in, I'm thinking that there might be some conflict between a web field named "Ecom_User_ID" and another one named "mfaUserId". I've seen both of them contain my saved User ID.

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi, @mike429. I looked at this site briefly, and I see what you see, namely the username field on the left is not filled in. But, if I click on the Login button at the top right and then fill, the username is filled in the popup field. We'll need to investigate how we can better filter out the fields to fill on this page and similar pages.

--
    Jamie Phelps
    Code Wrangler @ AgileBits

ref: BRAIN-107

• mike429
    mike429
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the additional info and adding this to your backlog. In the meantime I'll use the pop-up as a workaround.

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I'm glad that works for you in the interim. Hopefully we will be able to get to this one soon. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.