Input into wrong form name detail

Options

1password inputs data into the wrong form fields, in particular non-login fields such as when signin data was saved in a cookie 1password loads the url, site goes to the profile page for example, and if that said page has a form on it 1password imputs the username and or password when it shouldn't, I checked the saved form info names and its correct but it inputs it into other wrong fields on website such as: transferwise.com
I have seen this happen on other websites in the past over the past 6 months or longer, I have not kept track.

1Password Version: 6.1
Extension Version: 4.5.3
OS Version: 10.11.3
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi, @akissz. Sorry for the trouble you're having. It sounds like maybe the login was originally saved on the registration page. If you go to the real login page and save a new login manually, does it work better for you?

--
    Jamie Phelps
    Code Wrangler @ AgileBits

• akissz
    akissz
    Community Member
    Options

No sorry its not related to registration pages this time. It also is effected by sites with popup html5 login screens. Not sure why you might mention registration pages because I had previously listed that I checked the form detail. And maybe my wording was not clear, I manually check the websites html code form data, names, and compare to the saved data. 1password inputs the data into the wrong sections on some websites.

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Sorry for being unclear, @akissz. I did read the information about the web form details, but it wasn't clear to me where those fields were coming from.

I looked at transferwise.com and I see that I can fill a dummy username and password in the popup like you described, but the username and password aren't filled anywhere if the popup is not visible. It does tweak some of the other fields, but those don't look to do any harm as far as I can tell.

I did find an alternate login page for this site, so I'd like to ask you to try it out and see if it works better for you: https://transferwise.com/us/login

If you're seeing similar issues elsewhere, this is likely something we will need to investigate on a site by site basis to see how best to handle them.

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.