Change User account / Switching from Personal 1Password to Team account

Hello There,

I've been using 1 Password for sometime now as personal user and I've downloaded 1Password MacOsX application to my iMac and used the 30days trial as my personal account and my 30 days expired about couple weeks ago.

Now my company have switched to 1Password team and I'd like to (I need to) join my team's 1Password with my company mail.
until here theresn't any problem at all.

As We've started to using 1Password team, I wanted to use 1Password app on my mac again with this team account but apperently there's no way to log out the old login infos for 1password - or at least i couldn't figure out a way yet -

I've been searching for a way to show my 1password application that I've license as team but the application is only offers me to buy the license. I couldn't find a way to add my work group's license in it. or show my mail is already registered as team user in 1password (licensed)

this problem didn't appear on iphone or ipad but only on mac os X system.

can you help me to solve this issue or a way to show mac that I've license and quit bothering me with the "trial expired, click here to buy" thing on it?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Vee_AG
    Vee_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Erdem_Sekerpare,

Sorry for the confusion, and thanks for reaching out to us here in the support forums! We'll be happy to help. I hope you don't mind, I've moved your post to the Teams Beta forum as it's related to Teams.

From my understanding of your issue, it sounds like you just need to add your Teams account to your Mac app. Here's an illustrated article that will guide you through doing just that.

Migrate to a Family or Team account

I hope this helps! Please let us know if you run into any other problems or questions. We're here for you! Cheers. :)

• Erdem_Sekerpare
    Erdem_Sekerpare
    Community Member
    edited March 2016

Hello I've solved the problem only with AppCleaner application.
    deleted all the releated files for 1password application and registry details then after, downloaded and installed a fresh version.

with that, program asked me to simply put my login infos again and magic happens.

the migrate , family , team account etc. etc. all those troubleshootings did not work. not even help to solve my problem.

basically it's the fault of 1password side that there's no easy way to logout from 1password app and login with new / existing user infos

• @Erdem_Sekerpare I'm glad to hear you got things worked out, but I'm sorry you had to use AppCleaner to do it. We don't recommend using that or any other utility that will remove your data because often the only copy of data folks have is on their local computer. If you moved things to Teams, then starting over with a fresh local app is totally fine since your data is stored in Teams. We're hoping to add a way to go "Teams-only" in the future, but it takes a bit more development time and many users prefer to have a local vault for their personal matters anyway. Thanks for the feedback, though. :)

This discussion has been closed.