Having trouble accessing 1Password data on OS X 10.9.5

Options
sjk
sjk
1Password Alumni
edited March 2016 in Mac
This discussion was created from comments split from: Google Chrome Extension. Also moved this from Mac Beta to Mac category.

Comments

• momocomo123
    momocomo123
    Community Member
    Options

also my 1password disappeared miraculously... are now all my passwords gone??? if I try to find it on my Mac it appears in applications but I can't acitivate it. I use google chrome... 1 week ago I used 1password... now it's gone and I am DESPERATE!!!!

• Hi @momocomo123,

It's unlikely that anything bad has happened to your passwords, they're stored separately from the application itself, and the browser extension. What happens when you try to double click on the app in Applications? Have you tried a reboot?

Rick

• momocomo
    momocomo
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Rick, thank's for your answer... I see the extension in applications... I doubleclicked it... it's kind of muted... nothing happens... and stupid me... can't download a new 1password... as I also forgot my admin password... and my macbook has only version OS X 10.9.5.
    The finder only shows this dead 1password extensions... BUT BUT BUT... how can I get to read my passwords... so at least I could fill them in by hand doing online banking... I am nearly jumping into the Thames :)
    Claudia

• Hi @momocomo,

You can download a 10.9.5 compatible version of 1Password from our Downloads page near the bottom under Legacy. Here's an exact link for you:

https://d13itkw33a7sus.cloudfront.net/dist/1P/mac4/1Password-4.4.3.zip

You should be able to download and run that and get access to your passwords.

I hope this helps.

Rick

• momocomo
    momocomo
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Rick...
    all went good... until I was asked to type in my apple Admin password... and exactly this I also forgot...
    so I guess... without that problem solved... I won't get in any way access to my old passwords?
    I am such a technical desaster... that I can't remember that Admin password...
    Thank you very much, Claudia

• Hi @momocomo ,

Do you have another Mac or iPhone or iPad? If so, we may be able to help you move your data and access it there. If that is the case, please let us know.

Regards,
    Kevin

This discussion has been closed.