Install 1Password on a Replacement Drive

Options

I purchased 1Password Mac + Windows Bundle license about two years ago from the AgileBits Store. If I recall correctly, it included a family package but I'm not exactly sure. My HDD failed on my Windows system and I'm in the process of replacing the drive. Are there any special requirements/steps I need to take before installing 1Password on the new drive (e.g., deactivate the license that was authorized/associated with the old HDD)? Or is it as simple as installing the app on the new drive, entering my license information and syncing with Dropbox? Thanks

Comments

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @steve12,

I am sorry to hear about the drive.

Or is it as simple as installing the app on the new drive, entering my license information and syncing with Dropbox?

It is usually as simple as that, assuming everything was syncing properly via Dropbox.

There is no need to de-link/register/activate old computers or drives, we do not keep track of that, we only ask about how many users would be using 1Password. You're allowed to share up to 6 family members including yourself, each member can use it on any number of PCs.

Are you able to pull data from the old drive?

• steve12
    steve12
    Community Member
    Options

MikeT,

Thank you for the information on installing 1Password on my new drive. As far as the data on the old drive, I have current backups and images of the old drive/data. It should not take long to get up and running on the new drive.

• MikeT
    edited March 2016
    Options

@steve12,

That's great to hear. If you're not planning to deploy the image to the new drive, you might want to copy the Documents > 1Password directory from the backup image into the same directory on your new drive. This seeds the drive with 30 backup copies of your 1Password data just in case.

This discussion has been closed.