Shortcut fails in Chrome when HTTP authentication dialog is active

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: Chrome 48.0.2564.116 - Extension not working.

Comments

• shazron
    shazron
    Community Member
    Options

Description

The keyboard Option-Command-\ shortcut used to work to bring up 1Password Mini, now it doesn't in Chrome, when a basic auth dialog is modal. It's probably a Chrome thing, but I thought I would report this issue to bring it to your attention.

My setup:

1Password 6.1 (610006) Mac App Store
    Chrome 48.0.2564.116 (64-bit) OS X 10.11.3 (15D21)

Steps to reproduce:

1. Go to https://reporter.apache.org to show a basic auth window
    2. Press Option-Command-\ to bring up the 1Password Mini window
    3. The 1Password Mini window does not show

Expected:

In a Chrome basic auth modal window, pressing Option-Command-\ should bring up 1Password Mini

Actual:

In a Chrome basic auth modal window, pressing Option-Command-\ does not bring up 1Password Mini

Notes

I even tried upgrading to Chrome 49.0.2623.87 (64-bit) OS X 10.11.3 (15D21) and that didn't fix the problem.

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi, @shazron. I'm sorry for the trouble. I've split this off into its own thread since it's not exactly related to the original. I hope you don't mind.

The problem you described is a known issue in the current release. I've fixed this bug and it's in our current internal release and should be in the next beta and will eventually be in 6.2. In the meantime, if you switch to another app and then use the keyboard shortcut, it should work for you. I'm sorry for the inconvenience while we wait for the fix to make it to the stable release.

This discussion has been closed.