Families and Team Licensing

Options
coolhanduke
coolhanduke
Community Member

My wife and I own a company, and currently its just the two of us. We want to be able to use 1password for families, but also use it for teams as we add members to our business. We use the latest versions of OSX, and iOS.

What license(s) would I need today for just my wife and I?

What license(s) would I need when we add members to our team?

Would it make more sense to use 1password for teams now, so expanding in the future is easier? If so what licenses would we need?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• rob
    Options

Hi, @coolhanduke, and welcome to our forum!

If you're familiar with traditional 1Password licenses, 1Password for Families and Teams is completely different. With a family or team account, you simply add your credit card to the account and choose whether you want to be billed monthly or annually. For family accounts it is $5/month for up to 5 users (except we have a Special Launch Special going on right now for early adopters!) and team accounts will start at $5/month for each user.

If you end up adding more employees to your business, you'll want a team account for the flexibility it will offer. For now, though, you can probably use just a family account for both personal and business items since it's just you and your wife. When you start employing more people, you'll want to create a new team account but keep your family account (because it's not a great idea to keep family/personal stuff in the team account).

So, if I were you, I'd sign up for just a family account for now, and that will be just $5/month. If you ever decide to add a team account or switch from a family account to a team account, that won't be hard to do.

This discussion has been closed.