How can I view and print all login information

Options
jimp2
jimp2
Community Member

I noticed other pass word software had the ability to view and print all login information to store it in a safe in case I am not available. How can I do this with 1Password?

1Password Version: 6.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.11.03
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:How can I view and bring logins

Comments

• RobbyHenes
    RobbyHenes
    Community Member
    Options

This is basically my question also. I have multiple versions of 1 Password going with different data in each of them. In order to consolidate, I need to get a printout of all my info so I can determine which is the most recent information that needs to be kept!

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

@jimp2 and @RobbyHenes - You can print all of your 1Password data from the Mac application by opening the vault you want to print out and selecting Print from the 1Password File menu. You will be asked to enter your master password before being sent to the Print dialog. The formatting is such that the resulting document may be long. My Primary vault with around 350 items shows that it would take about 150 pages.

I seem to recall that a user has figured out a more compact way to do this, but I am not finding it at the moment.

• RobbyHenes
    RobbyHenes
    Community Member
    Options

I will try this weekend! Thanks.

• Jacob
    Options

Hey @jimp2! I hope hawkmoth's post helped shed some light on this. :) @RobbyHenes Let us know how it goes!

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

@hawkmoth / @RobbyHenes ,

The onepif2html converter in the converter suite creates the compact version you are referring to. There is some sample output in the Screenshots and Samples area mentioned in the first thread.

• jimp2
    jimp2
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for everyones help. I ran the converter suite and created a 1Password login printable file. I now need to figure out how to print only the information needed and in a readable format. rthankk you again.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @jimp2,

If there's something specific you need to do before you can print please let us know if we can help :smile:

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

@jimp2,

The onepif2html converter was designed to be compact, and used for places like safe deposit box safe keeping, and so the format is both comprehensive and dense.

What are you trying to do with the printout, or more specifically, what information do you want and how do you want it formatted. The converter uses XML transformations to create the resulting output (in this case HTML), so they most likely can be quickly customized to meet your needs.

• jimp2
    jimp2
    Community Member
    Options

Something similar to the top view in 1Password. For example: Tag, Title, Website, Username and Password in a spreadsheet format. This is the information that a person would need if they had to use this information on my behalf. It would consume maybe one to two pages for the safe.

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

@jimp2,

If you can show me a layout drawing, or screenshot, I'll provide you with an update.

• jimp2
    jimp2
    Community Member
    Options

Something like this?

1Password Information

Tag Title Website Username Password

Finance Bank1 Bank1.com Mybank1 X5#247Gf
    Shopping Wayfair Wayfair.com xyz@gmail.com 7Pd$3kNr

• jimp2
    jimp2
    Community Member
    Options

As soon as I clicked post it pushed it all together. Let me try again.

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited March 2016
    Options

@jimp2 - it would be better to create a mockup in a spreadsheet, or drawing on paper, with the approximate locations, font sizes, etc. It saves a lot of back and forth and you get to think about what you want before I spent time and energy working on something you don't want.

If all you want is a spreadsheet-like layout for your Logins, then just export as CSV, import into a spreadsheet, and format the way you want, and print.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @jimp2,

Don't worry, it's the forum. Trying to show stuff in a tabular format in a post is pretty much impossible. I'm sure MrC gets the idea of what you're meaning :smile:

It seems awfully similar to what the output looks like right now except ordering and maybe that you don't use/want the note field? May I ask, what information does the output file created by MrC's convertor show that you don't want to print? I ask based on his example output that he linked above with the sample output link.

• jimp2
    jimp2
    Community Member
    Options

The sample looks good, this is what I get. These are dummies that I am using before actually using the product.

Logins
    title: Phoenixsymphony fld_1: fld_2: fld_3: fld_4: : Submit search: search : Search ctl00$mainContent$loginCtrl$tb_username: jprem295@gmail.com ctl00$mainContent$loginCtrl$tb_password: 5P8g6#5P ctl00$mainContent$loginCtrl$tb_promo: ctl00$mainContent$loginCtrl$btn_login: Login website: https://tickets.phoenixsymphony.org/account/login.aspx tags: Entertainment created: 2016-03-06 13:34:12 modified: 2016-03-06 13:34:39
    title: Consumerlab navbar: searchstring: Type Brand or Term Here User_Name: jprem295@gmail.com Password: L4sX7X7 RememberMe: ✓ : : ✓ : : website: https://www.consumerlab.com/member_login.asp tags: Health created: 2016-03-08 12:03:50 modified: 2016-03-08 12:04:25
    title: Vitacost ddlCategories: 0 searchButton: search IamMasterFrameYesIam$ctl02$objLogin$txtExistingCustomerEmail: jprem295@gmail.com IamMasterFrameYesIam$ctl02$objLogin$rbList: rbExistingCustomer IamMasterFrameYesIam$ctl02$objLogin$txtExistingCustomerPassword: S5pX4X27P IamMasterFrameYesIam$ctl02$objLogin$buttonLogin: Sign In : : Submit website: https://www.vitacost.com/MyAccount/Login.aspx?ISRC=signin:topnav tags: Shopping created: 2016-03-08 11:57:51 modified: 2016-03-12 12:04:50
    title: Wayfair email: jprem295@gmail.com login_type: register password: 5P8g6#9S6Q login_submit: Log In Using Our Secure Server website: https://www.wayfair.com/session/secure/account/login.php?url=/ tags: Shopping created: 2016-03-12 11:46:04 modified: 2016-03-12 12:05:24

• jimp2
    jimp2
    Community Member
    Options

Again when I posted the info it formatted it better I get just a big block of characters.

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    edited March 2016
    Options

Can't you lay it out and take a screen shot? Then attach the screenshot to the forum post by dragging it into the Comment box.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@jimp2: Indeed, to include it in your reply, simply click the document button in the top of the comment field, and select the file you wish to share:

Cheers! :)

• jimp2
    jimp2
    Community Member
    Options

I have tried this a number of times. I click on "Choose File" and it provides a list of document folders. When I click on the file I want (print file from the conversion process), it still says no file selected. So I tried to drag and drop and I get the message "File is not allowed." The output file is "1P_print_html."

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

Put your document on the screen. Press Command-Shift-4. Drag out the resulting crop box to surround that display of your layout. An image file will appear on your desktop, or wherever the default for screenshots is set on your Mac. It will have a .png extension by default. Point the selection to that file. That should do the trick.

It also works to just drag the file into the comment box. It takes a second, but then a long string of characters appears, which points to the image you uploaded. When you click Post Comment, your image will show in your post.

• Hi @jimp2,

Following hawkmoth's instructions will do the trick. Here's a guide on how to take screenshots on the Mac for this kind of thing in the future.

Rick

• jimp2
    jimp2
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for the screen shot info. I don't understand why there is so much of what appears to be source code in the file for a print out. this type of information doesn't appear in the sample.

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

@jimp2,

It looks like the web form fill details are being included. I'll take a look at that.

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited March 2016
    Options

@jimp2,

I've applied a correction to the 1.09 version of the onepif2html converter to attempt to avoid outputting the extraneous web form details. Please test out the new version and let me know if you have any issues.

Sorry about the problems - my test data was too simplistic, having only username and password data, but not actual Login entries which ultimately will contain the web form fill details you've encountered. The updated converter attempts to only output the designated username and password values.

FYI: you can see the values you have in your screenshot by clicking on the Show Web Form Details button in the Login entry.

• jimp2
    jimp2
    Community Member
    Options

I cannot get it to convert.

Jims-MacBook:convert_to_1p4 administrator$ cd '/Users/administrator/Desktop/onepassword-utilities/convert_to_1p4/' && /usr/bin/perl5.16 convert_to_1p4.pl onepif2html '/Users/administrator/Desktop/1Password 2016-03-18, 02_17 PM (9 items and 0 folders).1pif/' -v
    Use of uninitialized value $data in substitution (s///) at Utils/PIF.pm line
    908 (#1)
    (W uninitialized) An undefined value was used as if it were already
    defined. It was interpreted as a "" or a 0, but maybe it was a mistake.
    To suppress this warning assign a defined value to your variables.

To help you figure out what was undefined, perl will try to tell you
    the name of the variable (if any) that was undefined.  In some cases
    it cannot do this, so it also tells you what operation you used the
    undefined value in.  Note, however, that perl optimizes your program
    anid the operation displayed in the warning may not necessarily appear
    literally in your program.  For example, "that $foo" is usually
    optimized into "that " . $foo, and the warning will refer to the
    concatenation (.) operator, even though there is no . in
    your program.

Use of uninitialized value in subroutine entry at Utils/PIF.pm line 909 (#1)
    Use of uninitialized value $n in concatenation (.) or string at Utils/Utils.pm
    line 58 (#1)
    Use of uninitialized value $_[1] in numeric eq (==) at Utils/Utils.pm line 42 (#1)
    Imported items
    Exported 0 total items
    Jims-MacBook:convert_to_1p4 administrator$

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited March 2016
    Options

Hi @jimp2,

Those line numbers do not match up with my 1.09 version. Did you mix and match code modules from different versions?

But in any event, you've not specified a FILE name to the converter, but gave it a directory:

'/Users/administrator/Desktop/1Password 2016-03-18, 02_17 PM (9 items and 0 folders).1pif/' 

Inside, there is a .1pif file - add that name to the end up your path.

Edit: I've just updated the 1.09 version to automatically use the data.1pif file within the 1PIF bundle you've supplied, so your method above will now work.

• jimp2
    jimp2
    Community Member
    Options

I was selecting "Stable Bits (1.8)" not "Testing Bits (1.9)" which gave me the old code. I ran the process and this is the result got rid of the extraneous code but the pass word and username are blanked out by putting in "password" and username"?

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

@jimp2 OOPS!

I just updated the 1.09 package with the fix. Sorry about that.

• jimp2
    jimp2
    Community Member
    Options

Excellent, works perfect. Thank you for all your work. Jim

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

@jimp2,

You're welcome. Feel free to suggest any modifications or enhancements, or ask if you have any questions.

This discussion has been closed.