Feature Request: Edit Favorites in iOS Version

Options
TheMacMommy
TheMacMommy
Community Member

Is it in the plans to give us the ability to rearrange the order of Favorites within the iOS or mobile versions of 1Password?

Comments

• Tabaluga
    Tabaluga
    Community Member
    Options

That is already implemented. Go to the favorites page and tab on edit in the top right corner. Now you can rearrange the order by holding the three horizontal lines on the right side of an item and simply drag it upwards or downwards.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Indeed, I forget about that too sometimes, since it isn't something that's been around forever. Cheers! :)

• TheMacMommy
    TheMacMommy
    Community Member
    Options

That's what I was looking for and now I'm excited to see it but I'm currently stuck as my 1Password is currently crashing on me after I updated it from the App Store last night. It's odd because it said it was a fix for Dropbox syncers like me, but I hadn't had any crash issues prior to the update. I know they're fast about pushing out updates so hopefully it won't be long before I'm able to use it again!

Thanks for responding to this. I'll look for it soon as I'm able to get back in!

• TheMacMommy
    TheMacMommy
    Community Member
    Options

I feel like a dum dum now. The reason I couldn't see the Edit button was because I always keep it in All Vaults view! Duh! Once I switched to the individual vaults again I saw the Edit button and rearrange draggers. I thought they were there before but then I got so attached to that cute little rainbow flower icon for All Vaults that I totally forgot about how to Edit Favorites in individual vaults!!! It was the hierarchy I wasn't understanding as to why they're in the order they're in when viewing All Favorites from All Vaults view. Now I get that they're in order based on the alphabetical order of your other vault names with Primary taking precedence. I have a vault named "shared" but someday I may consider naming it to something with a higher level character so that its favorites are closer to the top in the All Favorites list. For now I'll just have to train my eye muscle memory to know where to look for that one password I always need. Or maybe I'll consider making a copy of it to my Primary so it stays prominently placed in my favorites list. Happy Camper now...thanks for playing along with my drama!

• Ben
    Options

Don't feel bad, @TheMacMommy! I did the exact same thing, and I do this every day! Hopefully the experience with All Vaults is something we can continue to improve upon. Frankly I personally feel it'd be nice if we could organize Favorites in the All Vaults view.

Thanks for the update. :)

Ben

• 365nice
    365nice
    Community Member
    edited July 2016
    Options

I too would like to be able to organise favourites in the All vaults view. Now I have several Teams, its really confusing how it orders things. I'm used to seeing my Credit Card at the top, and it throws me when its half way down the list.

In fact, I don't understand the ordering? Its not in the order that the vaults are listed, in fact I think its in reverse order (Personal last?)

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the feedback, @365nice. Yes, agreed, hopefully we can improve this in the future. It does feel disjointed as-is.

Ben

• phammann
    phammann
    Community Member
    Options

I just found this when I was searching for how to organize my iPhone favorites screen. I too sync with multiple vaults and would like the ability to organize my favorites in all-vaults mode. Or at least be able to sort on frequency used. Could you update us on when this might be addressed?

Thanks,

Paul

• Ben
    Options

Hi Paul,

There are no definite plans at this point, though we are collecting feedback on the issue.

Thanks for letting us know this would be a useful addition for you.

Ben

• coolcat
    coolcat
    Community Member
    Options

Just commenting to add my vote to the stack for the ability to organize favorites in the All Vaults view. I'm glad I found this thread because I've been going crazy since signing up for the "family" Teams account because I now always view all vaults and didn't realize this was the thing that was messing with my ability to organize my favorites.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Ah, I see. Thanks for letting us know! :)

• xandermac
    xandermac
    Community Member
    Options

Wow, organizing favorites has been removed from the latest ios app

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for letting us know you’d like this functionality.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.