[bug] 1P fingerprint login breaks fingerprint device unlock

stl_ben
stl_ben
Community Member

Steps to repro:

1. Open 1Password, get the fingerprint unlock dialog. Do not authenticate with your fingerprint
  2. Put the device to sleep, or let it sleep
  3. Observe that the device won't let you log in via fingerprint -- it doesn't respond when you touch it.
  4. Unlock the device with your passcode, note that 1Password is still prompting for your fingerprint

I'm not sure if this is an Android bug, or if 1Password doesn't cancel listening for fingerprint events when the device goes to sleep, so it's eating the fingerprint events that normally would hit the lockscreen.

1Password Version: 6.2b3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Nexus 5x 6.0.1 MHC19J
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ntimo
    ntimo
    Community Member

@stl_ben I did try to reproduce your bug report but for the bug simply doesn't work :dizzy: . I can unlock my 6P with no problems when I lock the device while 1PW still wants my fingerprint at login.

• Hi @stl_ben. Thanks for getting in touch with us.

I tested this out on my 5X and, like ntimo, I was unable to reproduce the issue. Was this after a reboot, or after a number of unsuccessful fingerprint authentication attempts? If you reboot your device, are you still able to reproduce?

• stl_ben
    stl_ben
    Community Member

Hi @peri, sorry for the late response on this -- it looks like this may be an Android bug and not an issue with 1Password.

https://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=202329

• Ah! Good to know. Thanks for the update, @stl_ben. :)

This discussion has been closed.