If I upgrade to 1Password 4, will it import all my old passwords or will I lose them?

My current version of 1password 3.8.22 will no longer show me my passwords in the edit menu. I'm hoping if I upgrade to 1password 4, that functionality will return. My Mac OS version is 10.11.3

1Password Version: 3.8.22
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.11.3
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb-search:old passwords, kb-search:upgrade, kb:upgrade-license

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@pfontaine: Indeed, the text is still there, it just can't been seen when trying to alter it. Depending on the cause, a future update to El Capitan might resolve this or it may be permanent. This issue is not present in the current version of 1Password for Mac though, so you may want to consider upgrading.

To be clear, you'll want to upgrade to 1Password 6, which fully supports El Capitan. We don't sell licenses explicitly for 1Password 4 anymore, but either way the license is the same and it's only a single upgrade for you.

You can also get a discount from the AgileBits Store using your existing license. Otherwise you can continue using 1Password 3, albeit with some odd behaviour on Apple's latest OS. I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.