1Password Families: Apple Watch support [under development]

kclines3
kclines3
Community Member
edited April 2016 in Apple Watch

When will support for one password for families be available on Apple Watch?

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@kclines3: We don't have a time frame since there are a lot of "variables" involved (ha!), but I can tell you it's something we're very keen to have for ourselves as well. ;)

• Frank_BE
    Frank_BE
    Community Member

+1

• Thanks, @Frank_BE. Having recently purchased an Apple Watch with the primary goal of using 1Password on it, I'm just as anxious if not more than the next guy. ;)

Ben

• betterannamac
    betterannamac
    Community Member

I had passwords synched successfully to my Watch and lately I hadn't been able to check them. A lot of updates have happened since it worked... El Capitan, iOS 9.3, Watch OS 2.2 and Families. But I really think it's Families. My Watch says, "You can add items from the 1Password app on your phone." On 1Password on the phone, I have Apple Watch enabled but I don't have the option to Add to Apple Watch. I do, however, have several items with the TAG Apple Watch, but they don't show up on my watch anymore either. I tried the instructions the @brenty had here, but still no go.

1Password Version: iOS 6.3.1
    Extension Version: N/A
    OS Version: N/A
    Sync Type: iCloud

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@betterannamac: I'm really sorry for the confusion there. 1Password Families is not yet supported by the 1Password Apple Watch app, but it's something we'll be adding in a future update (along with support for multiple vaults). Currently the Watch app can only access data from the Primary, and with 1Password Families you may not have one of those.

You can, however, setup the app with a Primary vault to store data for your Watch, and add your 1Password Families in addition to that. It isn't ideal, but we're working on a better solution.

• betterannamac
    betterannamac
    Community Member

Oh! Yay! I just copied all of my Apple Watch tagged items into my Primary and it's working!! No, not ideal. I hate dupes. But this works! Thanks!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2016

We're not crazy about needing to duplicate data like that either, so we're definitely motivated to update this. But I'm glad that this workaround will help in the mean time — for both of us! :)

This discussion has been closed.